Commuting between Sheffield and Leeds?

After a bit of information from anyone thats done/doing it please

itl be daily, with me having to be in leeds before 9ish, and its got to be public transport.

I know there is the train, but im leaning more towards National Express coach or bus. Do National Express have any kind of monthly ticket though? cant see anything on the website.

Ive seen the MetroMaster ticket too, but you cant use those on coaches, just regular busses, and i cant find a regular bus that doesnt take less than 3 hours and 2 changes. lol. anyone know of a more direct bus i could use this ticket on?

Id be up for sharing a lift and paying some cost towards that, but i dont know anyone doing the journey and dont drive myself, so couldnt share driving, only pay towards costs

Thanks

Use National Express. You can get a Multiride (10 journey tickets) for 33 poundsfrom their office at Sheffield or Leeds..You can book times on these if you want at no extra cost. Theres a bus in the mornings leaving Pond Street at7.15 which gets you to Leeds at around 8.30. coming back, theres one leaving Leeds at 4.10 and 5.10. Leeds bus station is 10 mins walk from the town centre. Hope this helps.

National Coach info

Details for traveling from Sheffield Bus Station, Sheffield to Leeds City Centre, West Yorkshire on 15/05/2013 leaving after 07:15.

Mode Times Locations Detail

Coach

(1h 5m) Leave07:15 Sheffield Centre, Pond Street/Sheffield Interchange, 37070005 Service Number310

ProviderNational Express (National Coach Services)

*NX

RoutePoole - Bradford See details for journey leg #0

Arrive08:20 Leeds City Centre, New Market Street, stop V1 (45010684)

Train

A few trains will get you into Leeds by about 8:45 and take about 1hr 5m.

I commuted to Leeds by car years ago from SW Sheffield because I needed my car for work and even setting off at 6:30 it still used to take 90 mins!

ETA Damn! - Too slow

You really wanna learn to drive to do that commute, public transport is abit of a pig unless you live and work close to the station. Add a bus/tram onto either end and it can be close to 2 hours commute.

The drive takes an hour or so.

I do it every day. S6 to LS20. I've never done it in less that 90 minutes.

Sorry to slightly incroach on a thread but didnt want to start a new one about basically the same thing.

I may be working in Leeds soon. The way my shifts would fall would mean I need to be there at 6am.

1) Is it doable in under an hour from Penistone (near J37 M1).

2) Anyone know anywhere cheap/Free to park? (I dont mind if its a 15/20 minute walk from city centre).

You can do Penistone->Leeds in an hour easily if it's before 6AM, it's less than 30 miles and 20 of those are all motorway which will be clear at that time in the morning.

I do it every day. S6 to LS20. I've never done it in less that 90 minutes.

Isn't LS20 like north Bradford, not quite Leeds City centre.

Archived