Policeman Disney hackenthorpe

Who remembers PC Disney he lived in one of the two police houses on beighton road hackenthorpe I know one of his two sons Michael still lives in the area and the other son david moved away and also PC spears lived next door to old Disney! I remember disney riding his push bike he seemed to pop up around every corner.

I remember Disney. Had a couple of clips round the ear from him when I was a nipper. Respect with fear....nip it in the bud!!...old school policing at it's very best!!

I wonder who nicked the copper pipe from the old co-op on beighton road

dont mention any names on here tho.

He was a legend, we used to call his patch disneyland. I got nicked on my bike at Halfway, an L-plater with an unlicensed pillion passenger. A week later me and me brother were in the Blue Bell and Mr Disney came in looking for under-aged drinkers. "Ey up" he said "Are you the halfway case?" He must have known I was only 17 but walked out with a big grin on his face.

Where the Disney's lived in the 2 police houses we lived in no 91, I knew David well, Disney was a great copper as has been said "old school".

Bit like Alan Harris in Woodhouse (in late 90's), he used to come into the jobcentre in uniform, and say whose is so & so's car outside. You do know you'll cop it if a bobby comes along, just a friendly warning to them, always worked no aggression just good old fashioned bobbying.

Disney moved up onto occupation lane across from old cop shop policeman frank lindslay then lived in disney old house upto a couple of years ago, he was in the mouted police division he rode a white horse i use to see him on duty at the match a realy nice bloke was talking to him a few months ago.

wish i had a quid for every time he clipped my ear for riding my bike on the footpath. he seemed to appear from nowhere and catch me, but it gave me the respect i had for the police. not got any for the mob that call themselves coppers now though.

Archived