Primark - a web of sleeze!

Who cares, Primark have been at it for ages - so has every other clothing brand out there.

It's not their fault or problem that the factory collapsed, the builder/owners/architects and corrupt officials have that on their heads.

Probably not the best choice of words!

No I did think that when I wrote it, couldn't think of a better way to phrase it and hoped no-one would pick up on it.

I considered using 'concious' but I doubt they have one.....

No. I should think they'll be unconcious with that on their heads.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Thanks to the press / media everyone knows that the Trade Unions have contributed in the development of Labour Party policy over the years. This should be a source of pride for them.

Very few people know about the right wing think tanks which inform the Conservative party, who funds them, what links to industry they have and what links to MPs they have. And there are scores of them ranging from Reform, centre for policy studies, Centre for Social Justice, Aims of Industry, Campaign against Political Correctness etc etc.

One very recent and relatively trivial example are the Taxpayers Alliance who have an opinion on everything from public money being used for gender reassignment surgery or BBCi Player - yet uncharacteristically remained silent about the monies used for Mrs Thatcher's funeral.

It is prescient as UKIP are now being encouraged to purchase the policies from such think tanks: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/27/ukip-local-elections-emails?INTCMP=SRCH

i love the thread title, primark has just announced that it will support and financially help those poor people and pay long term for those who died their dependants and children, hardly the actions of a company who isnt bothered!!!

i love the thread title, primark has just announced that it will support and financially help those poor people and pay long term for those who died their dependants and children, hardly the actions of a company who isnt bothered!!!

Or perhaps one that doesn't consider itself complicit in some way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970

Or perhaps one that doesn't consider itself complicit in some way.

all they were doing was buying products like any other business does, whats wrong with that??

Most likely Primark is the tip of the iceberg. All those things we buy from abroad and we have no idea what factories they are made in, where the component parts were made, where the raw materials came from etc...

MrSmith makes a harsh but fair point. Every day people will be getting ill, getting injured and probably some will die to satisfy the supply chain that results in the goods we buy.

all they were doing was buying products like any other business does, whats wrong with that??

They should check that the people they are buying from aren't totally unethical. Otherwise the buyers would be unethical, no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970

They should check that the people they are buying from aren't totally unethical. Otherwise the buyers would be unethical, no?

same could be said of apple but look how many ipods and iphones been sold!!

Archived