Primark - a web of sleeze!

I would guess that the dead bodies are the result of poor or non existent building regulations.

And the fault of illegal practices in another bloody country. How are WE in the UK responsible for this?

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 10:09 ----------

Vague_Boy, well done for taking a massive wizz on the OP's fire :thumbsup:

Did the police act and prosecute if it was illegal?

Nope..

"Before 2000, there were no legal restrictions on companies making political donations. Since then, donations have to be authorised at a general meeting.

However, the report says that owing to an "oversight", WIL did not seek any shareholder authority for donations until its 2006 annual general meeting, when a resolution was passed authorising it to make donations of up to £1m over three years.

The report says the foundation's trustees did not think making political donations posed a risk to its reputation and regarded it as a business matter for WIL's directors."

http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/news/994251/

I dont think that alot of people in this country realise that the workers probably dont want you to protest & risk their jobs. If the wages were raised they would just move it somewhere else and that would be 100's of thousand out of work while the protesters are in uk complaining the price of Primark clothing has gone up.

Even though the wage seems the low the cost of living is far lower than anywhere else in the world.

I agree it is outrageous that someone would earn £1.20 a day but its their economy.

I wish i had Abramovich's money but that just the way it is.

If the wages were raised they would just move it somewhere else and that would be 100's of thousand out of work while the protesters are in uk complaining the price of Primark clothing has gone up.

And I'm one of them! Their jeans are £12 a pair these days. £12!!

They were only eight quid last year :roll:

And the fault of illegal practices in another bloody country. How are WE in the UK responsible for this? WeX asks.

The problem is not 'we', not me, and (I'm guessing) not you either. It is the multinational corporations. It is they who scour the globe for weak state regimes to exploit, moving operations to the locations with the poorest labour, and weakest state regulations, all to enhance the income of millionaires.

Primark don't pay great wages to their UK staff in their stores either - low wage economics are what these people exploit at home and abroad so that the money keeps rolling in to their swollen pockets. They don't pay their taxes and they seek to undermine all social structures in order that they can just keep on with their exploitative and murderous business model.

Not we, not you, not me, but them, the multinationals.

And they don't want us to see these structures, they hate it when ordinary people become aware of their webs of corporate sleeze and corruption that has such a wide reach, from Capital Hill, Wall Street, The City, Westminster and out to the poorest nations on earth, via the offshore secrecy jurisdictions, and our shiny, bright, brand saturated, dazzling high streets.

Primark don't pay great wages to their UK staff in their stores

Its 50p above the NMW.

Without wishing to be insulting to Primark staff its not brain surgery, its putting clothes on racks and rails and operating a till - so does it warrant anything higher that the NMW?

Its 50p above the NMW.

Without wishing to be insulting to Primark staff its not brain surgery, its putting clothes on racks and rails and operating a till - so does it warrant anything higher that the NMW?

Mr Duncan Smith seems to attach great importance to such skills. Odd then that the remuneration is so paltry.

Here are Mr Duncan Smith's thoughts on the matter - "The next time somebody goes in - those smart people who say there's something wrong with this - they go into their supermarket, ask themselves this simple question, when they can't find the food they want on the shelves, who is more important - them, the geologist, or the person who stacked the shelves?"

What's in a name?

Centre for Social Justice – a right wing think tank that propagates anything but just social policy.

The Centre for Policy Studies sounds neutral, but the policise they promote are neoliberal.

One Stop – a chain of small shops that make a virtue of being local – owned by Tesco.

'When I use a word,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'it means just what I choose it to mean...'

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 08:40 ----------

Primark, Nike, Adidas, Levi's, and the endless list of brands that we find marketed on British high streets are not innocent companies seeking to provide work to poor people in Bangladesh or China. To say so is either naive or cynical. They are aggressive and abusive multinationals,propagating free market ideology in order to make profits. They force weak governments to establish so called enterprize zones - in other words tax free zones where factory development can be located. They champion deregulation - things like building regulations or health and safety. They avoid tax in the countries they exploit, starving the state of the financial resources to structure a working regulatory code, or to provide basic services such as education or healthcare, and they avoid tax in the UK or the US via remarkable arrangements designed to frustrate Revenue and Customs.

None of this is innocent or coincidental. It is fundamental neoliberal doctrine.

Neoliberals seek to exploit the cheapest labour on earth to extract, process or manufacture product to sell to UK, US , European and other affluent markets, in order to make profit for their executives and shareholders.

too many big words for me:hihi:

Ok take these companies away from these countries and see how many people starve to death:loopy:

Archived