Primark - a web of sleeze!

Solero - produced by Unilever, a multinational corporation with structured tax arrangements in secrecy jutisdictions.

No thank you.

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/corporatenews/storyoftheday/tabid/1598/entryid/1056/unilever-criticised-for-tax-haven-use.aspx

I know, their great. You can almost taste the evil.

Well go have a piece of fruit that has naturally fallen from a tree!

Bear this in mind because the Tories no doubt want to weaken H&S law

No they don't.

More than 3,000 regulations will be scrapped or overhauled, so that shops, offices, pubs and clubs will no longer face "burdensome" health and safety inspections.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/9532556/Thousands-of-small-firms-exempt-from-health-and-safety-rules-in-red-tape-blitz.html

No they don't.

More than 3,000 regulations will be scrapped or overhauled, so that shops, offices, pubs and clubs will no longer face "burdensome" health and safety inspections.

Deregulate! This is one of the four main components of the neoliberal agenda, along with dismantling the public sector, privatising anything of value so that big business can profit from former state financed institutions, and special arrangements for big business and millionaires so that they pay no tax.

Regulations in the workplace are there to safeguard staff and customers, that's you and me, and to ensure conformity to legal standards.

Neoliberals hate these things - they don't care about the law and they are not concerned about the wellbeing of staff or customers.

Remember - my context is dead bodies in the rubble of a Bangladesh factory making cheap stuff for Primark.

There's also the case of so called health and safety measures being implemented by idiots who lets face it, are more worried for what may happen and the litigation that has become a part of our equally idiotic and greedy society.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029404/Health-safety-bans-end-Chris-Graylings-10-barmy-diktats.html

It is not my fault, and I am guessing that it is not your fault either. But Primark, British Associated Foods, Nike, Coca Cola, Arcadia, Npower, Google, Starbucks, Boots, Vodafone, Nokia, Betfred, Asda, Dow, Shell, Total, Tesco, and all the other free marketeers know exactly what they are doing.

Primark, Wittington Investments, call them what you will, have the blood of dead Bangladeshi workers on their hands.

It is the way that neoliberals have shaped the world.

They shaped the world to cause unscrupulous builders in 3rd world countries to build illegally and unsafely? You're stretching things just a little.

Its not our fault they earn crap money and have live in poverty. Its the way the world is.

So said Clown Shoes. I was merely responding by pointing out that the way the world is has been shaped by the multinational corporations.

Context is everything, and it is context that the neoliberals wish us to miss.

My context on this thread is dead bodies in the smouldering rubble of a factory in one of the poorest countries in the world, a factory and a poverty stricken labour force being exploited by a multinational corporation, Primark (Wittington Investments/Associated British Foods).

Archived