Looking for any Tarvers.

Re Tarvers

I knew a Tarver family many years ago. In the early 1940's one of my uncles friends was a Roy Tarver. I was born 1940, but as I grew up I saw a lot of Roy when he was with my uncle.

They lived in a bungalow on what was then a private road, Park Drive, off Chesterfield Road, Swallownest.

There was Roy's parents Mr and Mrs Tarver, and 3 sons, the oldest was Roy, probably born around the same time as my uncle, which would be 1923. The next son was Tony Tarver and the youngest was Carlos Tarver.

Mr Tarver was a Production Controller at a Sheffield Company (heavy industry I think), Roy worked in the steelworks, Tony was a professional ballet dancer and Carlos was also in a Production Control Office in one of the Sheffield industrial companies

At their family bungalow they ran a dog boarding kennel business. Roys wife also worked in the business. I know that Roy and his wife had no children at the time I left there

Roy had a bungalow built in the early 1950's on Chesterfield Road.

After my ex wife and I were married we bought a new built house opposite Tarvers bungalow. However, we moved from there to Driffield in East Yorkshire in late 1967, so I have no further update for you. I remarried in 1983 and at the end of 2006 moved all my business interests to Malaysia - should have done it many years earlier !!!

Hope this is all of some help - Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Malaysia

Re Tarvers

I knew a Tarver family many years ago. In the early 1940's one of my uncles friends was a Roy Tarver. I was born 1940, but as I grew up I saw a lot of Roy when he was with my uncle.

They lived in a bungalow on what was then a private road, Park Drive, off Chesterfield Road, Swallownest.

There was Roy's parents Mr and Mrs Tarver, and 3 sons, the oldest was Roy, probably born around the same time as my uncle, which would be 1923. The next son was Tony Tarver and the youngest was Carlos Tarver.

Mr Tarver was a Production Controller at a Sheffield Company (heavy industry I think), Roy worked in the steelworks, Tony was a professional ballet dancer and Carlos was also in a Production Control Office in one of the Sheffield industrial companies

At their family bungalow they ran a dog boarding kennel business. Roys wife also worked in the business. I know that Roy and his wife had no children at the time I left there

Roy had a bungalow built in the early 1950's on Chesterfield Road.

After my ex wife and I were married we bought a new built house opposite Tarvers bungalow. However, we moved from there to Driffield in East Yorkshire in late 1967, so I have no further update for you. I remarried in 1983 and at the end of 2006 moved all my business interests to Malaysia - should have done it many years earlier !!!

Hope this is all of some help - Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Malaysia

Thanks for all the info but it seems like the wrong one sadly.

Give us a bit more detail - names etc and no doubt people will enjoy the challenge of finding them. I certainly will.

OK,Stephen Tarver & wife Mary.Daughter Minnie & son Harry,born Warwicks.Frederick born Sheffield.Lived at Watery Lane.There is allegedly a descendant but we can't trace them.Thanks for your offer.

There is a marriage for Frederick T Tarver to a Nellie Booth in 1922 - possible daughter Dorothy born 1927. A possible marriage for a Dorothy Tarver to Willam H Nolan in 1960.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 22:12 ----------

I have searched for Minnie, this may have been a nickname. There is a Mabel Annie Tarver could this be her real name?

There is a marriage for Frederick T Tarver to a Nellie Booth in 1922 - possible daughter Dorothy born 1927. A possible marriage for a Dorothy Tarver to Willam H Nolan in 1960.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 22:12 ----------

I have searched for Minnie, this may have been a nickname. There is a Mabel Annie Tarver could this be her real name?

Thanks for your help.We think we have found who we are looking for.

Archived