Bee deaths: EU to impose pesticide restriction

Yes.

I was taking my cue from you and ignoring the content of the post that I was replying to.

Anyway. Bees. Good things, or bad?

Should we applaud the EU for protecting them when our national government has failed to?

Bees: good.

EU: bad.

HMG: somewhere about halfway.

Yes.

I was taking my cue from you and ignoring the content of the post that I was replying to.

Anyway. Bees. Good things, or bad?

Should we applaud the EU for protecting them when our national government has failed to?

Of course we should. This why I'm a fence sitter when it comes to the eu - they make us do things we should be doing (like listening to scientists). Downside is they make us do things that aren't any of their business.

No- just bungs from mug taxpayers like the UK's.

I would favour coming out of the EU, but I do think that they have our interests at heart in regards to the environment. Where as the Tories couldnt give a t**s.

The difference is that neither Greenpeace nor the RSPB arrogates to itself an extra-territorial jurisdiction with penalties imposed and tax-demanding powers.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 23:09 ----------

The difference is that neither Greenpeace nor the RSPB nor any of those groups arrogates to itself an extra-territorial jurisdiction with penalties imposed and tax-demanding powers.

Translate please ???

Bees: good.

EU: bad.

HMG: somewhere about halfway.

So, if the neonicotinoids kill bees (and they do). We can surely agree that banning them is a good thing. I base that on your categorisation of bees as good. I share that opinion.

So, in this case, surely the EU is a good thing. They are the ones banning the neonicotinoids, HMG objected.

You need to learn to look at evidence more carefully. I'd expect better analytical skills and more objectivity from a lawyer.

You are letting your prejudices cloud your judgement.

Archived