Bee deaths: EU to impose pesticide restriction

Translate please ???

He will once he's wiped the foam off his monitor. :hihi::hihi:

He's trying to steer this into a legal debate. Stick with the bees and ignore the legalese.

In my opinion, this world needs more bees and fewer lawyers.

Is English perhaps not your native language?

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 23:17 ----------

He's trying to steer this into a legal debate. Stick with the bees and ignore the legalese.

In my opinion, this world needs more bees and fewer lawyers.

Beehive yourself!

If (for the sake of argument) the EU's evidence is accurate, let it be passed to national governments. It's they who ought to be deciding what to do, rather than the EU.

The evidence is freely available.

It is science. Our government has chosen to ignore it, despite the fact that bees are good things.

National governments fail on environmental issues time after time. This is one area where the EU is truly useful.

Beehive yourself!

I will, if you will.

Now. If the EU are not to save the bees, in your world. Who is going to do so?

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 23:21 ----------

If that's so, it might well be the only such area.

I'm probably nearly as Eurosceptic as you. Not quite, but nearly.

Even so, I'm not so wedded to an ideology that I allow it to blind me. Credit where it is due and all that.

If (for the sake of argument) the EU's evidence is accurate, let it be passed to national governments. It's they who ought to be deciding what to do, rather than the EU.

However on this issue it would seem it's an area where the EU currently have responsibility. As I understand it there is nothing to stop our government from making this move which from the evidence I have seen seems to be the correct course of action. They have chosen not to do so. Without bees we are all screwed. Including in the long term the large agri businesses causing this particular problem.

Regardless of my views on the EU on this issue they have made a good call and it would have been nice if it had been Britain pressuring the EU to adopt existing British domestic legislation on the matter rather than us dragging our heels and blocking other nations proposals.

And, in your opinion, the EU has jurisdiction because...?

The EU has jurisdiction because we freely agreed to give them that jurisdiction and have never subsequently voted for a party or government that said they would take it back. End of story.

They have chosen not to do so. Without bees we are all screwed. Including in the long term the large agri businesses causing this particular problem.

But the free trade that is the main principle of the EU is the cause of big massive fields that make it neccessary to move bees around the country.

Without big massive fields that need polenating, the problem would be decreased.

But the free trade that is the main principle of the EU is the cause of big massive fields that make it neccessary to move bees around the country.

Without big massive fields that need polenating, the problem would be decreased.

Absolutely right. The EU has a horrendous track record on encouraging unsustainable practices in agri-business. It's just on this issue they are for once in the right so opposing it just because it's solving a problem of their own making isn't smart, which is the tack the government have taken seemingly.

Archived