Cowboys on this forum?

It's amazing how many people you see quoting for a job but will you be getting quality. I know most us builders have to be multitasked these days but it looks like some people dive in deep. To be honest if I saw a plumbers van erecting a fence I would be worried or a removal man plumbing a kitchen. :/ seams a lot of these around.

It's amazing how many people you see quoting for a job but will you be getting quality. I know most us builders have to be multitasked these days but it looks like some people dive in deep. To be honest if I saw a plumbers van erecting a fence I would be worried or a removal man plumbing a kitchen. :/ seams a lot of these around.

PlumBing and erecting a fence are hardly rocket science, if you can do one you will have the ability to do the other.

PS. if I saw a plumbers van erecting a fence I would be amazed. :)

Pluming and erecting a fence are hardly rocket science, if you can do one you will have the ability to do the other.

Haha, if you are going to nitpic, it is plumBing!

Pluming and erecting a fence are hardly rocket science, if you can do one you will have the ability to do the other.

Don't know about putting up a fence, but plumbing is a very skilled job!

Yes most people can do them but to what quality ? I wouldn't pay for rubbish

You can pay for rubbish by employing a professional.

My DIY pluming is better than a plumber, my DIY fencing is better than a fence erector, I’m picky and like things to be spot on, people you employ aren’t going to be as picky. :)

Plumbing covers a very wide range of tasks and skills but that's another matter.

I think what AF was getting at was the number of people quoting (mainly sight unseen) for jobs outside their core business. Sure a removal man may have the skills to fit a tap or fell a tree but if his business is removals then why isn't he focusing on that is the point surely? In my line of work I see a lot of it one here to the point where I will do forum work but only by PM request because the jobs wanted section is flooded with chancers.

Plumbing, easy? You don't have to go to college to learn to put up a fence! Plumbing is a skill, it's definitely not easy.

Archived