Cowboys on this forum?

I didn't find it difficult.

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 22:50 ----------

I don't drink, maybe why I good at everything, I haven't killed all my brain cells by consuming copious amounts of alcohol. :)

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 22:52 ----------

I think that would be against the law, I am only alowed to do it for my self.

Not at grammer :loopy::D

I'll take your word for it. Personally I had my central heating and shower fitted by someone whose trade was doing it, in the google age I probably could have a stab at doing it but given it would cost me time and thus money to not be doing my thing while having a stab at something that isn't my thing all round it's just better to pay a chap who does it for a living to do it while I do my thing.

That’s sensible if you doing your thing pays better than paying a plumber, I like things done right though so I do them myself. :)

That’s sensible if you doing your thing pays better than paying a plumber, I like things done right though so I do them myself. :)

I suppose it depends on the thing. Trying to be pro at everything will seriously cut into a chaps earning time so may well prove to be a false economy.

Obviously an unemployed person can save big pounds by doing everything themselves.

I'm an apprentice trained mechanic by trade, I've got a big Transit van sometimes I get people asking me if I can shift some furniture for them or take some rubbish to the tip for them,OK I might not be a professional removals man my van might not be pristine but I can earn a few quid so am I a cowboy,as far as I look at it I'm self employed and anything that I can do legel to earn a few quid is OK, personally I am very reluctant to call anyone in to do work for me as I like to have a go myself.my experience in the past of calling someone in to do work for me has ended in a farce.

I'm an apprentice trained mechanic by trade, I've got a big Transit van sometimes I get people asking me if I can shift some furniture for them or take some rubbish to the tip for them,OK I might not be a professional removals man my van might not be pristine but I can earn a few quid so am I a cowboy,as far as I look at it I'm self employed and anything that I can do legel to earn a few quid is OK, personally I am very reluctant to call anyone in to do work for me as I like to have a go myself.my experience in the past of calling someone in to do work for me has ended in a farce.

In what way?

You can pay for rubbish by employing a professional.

My DIY pluming is better than a plumber, my DIY fencing is better than a fence erector, I’m picky and like things to be spot on, people you employ aren’t going to be as picky. :)

You have done it again, and you say you're picky!!

I have a big Transit van and thus can't take my own rubbish to the tip so not sure how you manage to take other peoples. As for furniture removals are you insured for other peoples goods in transit? If you have a prang and the wardrobe or whatever gets damaged are you insured?

At first glance, yes you are a cowboy.

Archived