Cowboys on this forum?

I have a big Transit van and thus can't take my own rubbish to the tip so not sure how you manage to take other peoples. As for furniture removals are you insured for other peoples goods in transit? If you have a prang and the wardrobe or whatever gets damaged are you insured?

At first glance, yes you are a cowboy.

As for goods in transit insurance I don't have it I always tell anyone that asks for me to shift anything I don't have any insurance for goods in transit or furniture removals its up to them to make a decision like I say I'm not a professional removals man I dont advertise for that kind of work,most say thats OK, anyway I would not want take any expensive things in my van. most of the shifting work I do is for friends and family anyway. I am fully insured for my trade work public liability insurance and the lot.

As for goods in transit insurance I don't have it I always tell anyone that asks for me to shift anything I don't have any insurance for goods in transit or furniture removals its up to them to make a decision like I say I'm not a professional removals man I dont advertise for that kind of work,most say thats OK, anyway I would not want take any expensive things in my van. most of the shifting work I do is for friends and family anyway. I am fully insured for my trade work public liability insurance and the lot.

Are you insured to fix my ex mate Berts Dolomite chassis? It's all fallen apart :(

Fair play but don't you think it ends up taking work off lads who are paying out for the goods in transit insurance. Friends and family is fair enough but doing it commercially just screws the guys who make their living out of it.

Are you insured to fix my ex mate Berts Dolomite chassis? It's all fallen apart :(

You're trying to catch me out ramp:suspect: Dolomites have integral box section body construction not chassis.they do rot like mad on the floor pans if thats what you mean and yes I can fix it, it will need the full floor pan cutting out and welding a new one in.

You need JB WELD mate. :thumbsup:

Ex mate Bert a tight sod. He has a TR7 that wants rot repair as well. It was red in colour but now looks brown all over :huh::huh:

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 23:47 ----------

You're trying to catch me out ramp:suspect: Dolomites have integral box section body construction not chassis.they do rot like mad on the floor pans if thats what you mean and yes I can fix it, it will need the full floor pan cutting out and welding a new one in.

Sorry Shotgun - he has a herald :(

Fair play but don't you think it ends up taking work off lads who are paying out for the goods in transit insurance. Friends and family is fair enough but doing it commercially just screws the guys who make their living out of it.

There is always competition in every trade.some people just can not afford to pay top rates for a professional.my bit of furniture or dump runs wont put anyones bussiness out, anyway I dont like to do full house removels or anything like that its to much like hard work to me.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 01:02 ----------

Ex mate Bert a tight sod. He has a TR7 that wants rot repair as well. It was red in colour but now looks brown all over :huh::huh:

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 23:47 ----------

Sorry Shotgun - he has a herald :(

Triumph Heralds they rot like mad as well they rot everywhere them, rebuilt a few of them in the past the sills rot and fall off the outriggers rot away back wheel arches rot away I used to like the vettese models especially the convertible model with the big six cylinder engine in it.

There is always competition in every trade.some people just can not afford to pay top rates for a professional.my bit of furniture or dump runs wont put anyones bussiness out, anyway I dont like to do full house removels or anything like that its to much like hard work to me.

Can't tell you what to do, if you want to float between trades then that's your call. Still think Jack

Can't tell you what to do, if you want to float between trades then that's your call. Still think Jack

If it comes to my house I just don't trust anyone to come and do a good job its my house if a pipe leaks or a fuse blows I would sooner do it myself if the washing machine packs up I've got enough mechanical nounce to take it to bits and fix it.if the roof leaks I've got a good pair of ladders to get on the roof and fix a loose tile clean the gutters or paint the place its not rocket science.the thing I'm useless at is joinery, the only thing I know what to do with wood is chop it up and burn it.

I could make you a central heating system, out of turf. :suspect:

Yes, you stack the grass in a big heap and run pipes through it, decomposition creates heat which is transferred to the water in the pipes and pumped round your house. :)

Archived