Cowboys on this forum?

Don't start on that one you don't need a waste carriers licence to shift your garden or you old garage rubbish, you're better taking it to the tip rather than flinging it down some country lane I even took a load of waste oil today to pour in the waste oil tank they have there.the only thing I had problems with getting rid of was two old tyres.

You do if you are doing it for reward (post #27)

Is that what you meant Megalithic?

If it comes to my house I just don't trust anyone to come and do a good job its my house if a pipe leaks or a fuse blows I would sooner do it myself if the washing machine packs up I've got enough mechanical nounce to take it to bits and fix it.if the roof leaks I've got a good pair of ladders to get on the roof and fix a loose tile clean the gutters or paint the place its not rocket science.the thing I'm useless at is joinery, the only thing I know what to do with wood is chop it up and burn it.

you should have paid more attention in woodwork lessons:hihi:

Shogun - customers will always tell you they are not bothered about insurance, to save £10 - £20, then when something happens and you aren't insured . . . .

I am pretty diverse with everything, we built our own double garage, laid patio, moved rads, replaced heating pipework, fitted kitchen, tiled bathroom, toilet, kitchen put pvc French doors and windows in ourselves. Would I charge someone to do these jobs in there house, not a chance.

I have been asked to do tiling/painting a few times on jobs and always say no, it's not my profession.

My opinion of a cowboy is the type of person who engages in work that they are not trained qualified or registered to do.work that could potentially be dangerous and put peoples lives at risk.gas fitting electrical and building work need to be done by a trained person.shifting a wardrobe for a few quid hardly makes anyone a cowboy no one is going to die if you shift a wardrobe for few quid even if you don't have the necessary insurance.

Archived