Plot to bomb EDL rally - 6 plead guilty

6 plead guilty of planning to attack an EDL rally in Dewsbury. They were stopped on the M1 near Sheffield last year and the car impounded. Found later were weapons including bombs, swords and knives and jihadi letters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22033805

Hope they get a long stretch so they can't threaten violence on people asserting their democratic rights again.

6 plead guilty of planning to attack an EDL rally in Dewsbury. They were stopped on the M1 near Sheffield last year and the car impounded. Found later were weapons including bombs, swords and knives and jihadi letters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22033805

Hope they get a long stretch so they can't threaten violence on people asserting their democratic rights again.

Just threatening violence is enough. When you say long stretch you forgot "VERY".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22344054

What concerns me is:

"Police and security services had no intelligence about the planned attack on 30 June, although one of the would-be killers was under surveillance in relation to another terrorist plan."

It wasn't very good surveillance then was it?

This is the third lot of Islamasist terrorists jailed in less than a week.

I'm convinced that this type of behaviour and tollerance/support for it in the wider Asain community is a lot more widespread than we are being led to believe.

I'm convinced that this type of behaviour and tollerance/support for it in the wider Asain community is a lot more widespread than we are being led to believe.
Why would you believe that?

Are we being led to believe anything?

This is the third lot of Islamasist terrorists jailed in less than a week.

Nice play on words there. There isn't any indication that plots x3 are happening every week. These failed plots happened over an extended time period it would seem.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 12:21 ----------

Complete and utter stupidity.

Did they not stop to think and realise and that if they had succeeded they would have added legitimacy to the EDL’s outlandish ideology?

They're as thick as the EDL..what do you expect.:hihi:

The government, police and the more left wing media (i.e. The BBC) keep on spouting the line that there is no broad-based support for these types amongst the wider community and that community organisations are on-side with us, but I don't believe that to be the case.

For instance, they leader of the group from Birmingham, Irfan Naseer, was widely known to be radicalised yet no-one in his community expressed any concerns to the powers that be. Furthermore, the parents of two of his accolytes called their sons back from Pakistan when they became aware that they had gone over there with the express intention of getting terror training, yet neither family thought to inform the police or security forces in the country.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 12:26 ----------

Nice play on words there. There isn't any indication that plots x3 are happening every week. These failed plots happened over an extended time period it would seem.

:

Where did I state that plots happened with that frequency? I didn't.

I suspect you are being deliberately argumentative in typical SF fashion.

However, 256 arrests last year is a not insignificant figure.

The government, police and the more left wing media (i.e. The BBC) keep on spouting the line that there is no broad-based support for these types amongst the wider community and that community organisations are on-side with us, but I don't believe that to be the case.

For instance, they leader of the group from Birmingham, Irfan Naseer, was widely known to be radicalised yet no-one in his community expressed any concerns to the powers that be. Furthermore, the parents of two of his accolytes called their sons back from Pakistan when they became aware that they had gone over there with the express intention of getting terror training, yet neither family thought to inform the police or security forces in the country.

How do you know he was 'widely known to be radicalised' if you didn't read it in the media? Do the concerns you quote above indicate 'widespread support' in their community other than what we already know about? How many non-muslims make excuses for their offspring who are involved in criminal activities? Does that make such behaviour indicative of a particular community?

Personally I prefer to believe that since terrorist activities in the UK are such a rare occurrence that the 'fear of terror' is actually overhyped by the media.

How do you know he was 'widely known to be radicalised' if you didn't read it in the media?

What part of "more left wing media" don't you understand?

I note with interest that you have chosen to largely ignore the more salient point, that two families did know what was going on but failed to report it, because it does not suit you agenda.

I shan't be commenting upon this matter further, not out of contempt for the subject, but because of boredom due to the petty, contrived attitude of some contributors.

Archived