Plot to bomb EDL rally - 6 plead guilty

Tell that to the families of the 7/7 bereaved

The clue's in your post 7/7. You quote an event from 2007. As tragic as it was for the victims and their families it isn't an indication of widespread terrorist activity.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 16:35 ----------

I wonder how many plots get foiled by the security forces?

Well generally we get to hear about them as the offenders are brought to court and given very long sentences. I can maybe think of one/two a year. One/two a year too many I'd agree.

..were arrested.

The Home Office said that of the 245 people arrested, only 45 were charged with a terrorism-related offence and 25 were still awaiting trial.

The detailed breakdown of the figures shows that a further 49 people of the 245 who were arrested were charged with non-terrorist offences, with 101 released without charge. A further 50 were dealt with by "alternative action", which usually means immigration removal.

The latest figures also show that there are 134 prisoners classified as terrorists or as domestic extremists in jails across Britain.

There are over 1 million Muslims in this country. How many have to be tried and convicted before you could describe a problem as being 'widespread'?

Ps: Thought you'd given up on this thread anyway?

So one or two people think the threat of terrorism is hyped ..... well would you believe it, everything is hyped, yep that's including racism, sexism, homophobia etc .... are they not ?

Are those who think terrorist threats are hyped, not the same posters who are quick to come on here, arguing with anyone who plays down the hype surrounding the afforementioned 'isms' and 'phobias' :suspect:

I wonder how many plots get foiled by the security forces?

This one got foiled by normal police checks, just like the Yorkshire Ripper. If the police clamped down on ordinary low level crime, they might spot larger ones.

Archived