Advise on little girl turning 3 for nursery funding?

hi , my little girl turned 3 this week so i thought her 2 days a week nursery that she goes to already goes to paid at £90 per month would be free for 15 hrs of funding from the goverment , the nusery now tells me that i have to keep paying until till september when the new year starts? even though shes 3 .is this right?

hi , my little girl turned 3 this week so i thought her 2 days a week nursery that she goes to already goes to paid at £90 per month would be free for 15 hrs of funding from the goverment , the nusery now tells me that i have to keep paying until till september when the new year starts? even though shes 3 .is this right?

Yep. It goes in terms so you get them from the term after her birthday.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

is this a private nursery

my 3 year old granchild goes to nursery in the mornings and does not pay anything,

Not at 90 quid a month.

We pay 600 for four days.

They are correct OP.

One of my kids birthday is on the 10th September so had to wait until Jan the next year to be entitled to free childcare.

Also its meant to be term time only but most Nurseries spread it out over the year.

we have the most expensive nursery costs in europe, its robbery, how people can work with children is beyond me, yet the goverment knows this and ignores it!!!!

I have a friend in Sweden and you don't want to know what their childcare costs!

Ok, I'll tell you....

No person pays more than 3% of their salary on childcare and its capped at approx. £130per month.

Every child is guaranteed a pre-school place and they also start school at 7.

Childcare is normally available 0600-1800 and some places do overnight and weekend places to suit the parents working patterns.

Sweden spends more on pre-school childcare then it does on its defense budget!

Archived