Where is nice to eat near Commonside?

SpikeMac

Zanzibar... aka UKMama!

has it improved recently?

The Rajput is nice surroundings, BYO but a bit average food, I think Zaras in Crookes is about best curry house near by. If you're just after a lining on your stomach - New Cod on the Block is a great chip shop at Commonside

I'm going to be knocking around Commonside on Saturday evening and I'd like some suggestions of decent places to eat. I'd hoped that the Hallamshire might do food, but it doesn't seem to, according to their website.

So, where can I eat in the early evening?

How "early evening" are you looking?

As others have mentioned if you walk up South Road Rowsha is good but the past few times I've been it was near empty. It opens at 6pm.

Vitos is wonderful but can be expensive and opens at 6.30pm, you may need to book though because we've turned up at 7 before now and got the last table.

Rajput isn't bad!

its not bad at all - its hit on a winning formula of nice informal setting, BYO and reasonable food - but I dont think the food is anywhere near as good as Zaras in Crookes

Thank you all for your suggestions. I might try eating at The York, or Thyme and then wandering down to The Hallamshire for a pint or two afterwards.

Vitos sounded good, but opened a little too late. I have personal reasons for avoiding Rowsha:cool:

Archived