Arrested on suspicion..

Strange, given that you keep saying that it can't be proven.

Also the jury will not be asked to determine if he is a rapist or not, they will be asked to determine if the evidence is sufficient and then deliver a verdict of guilty or not guilty.

Why strange?

Charging now means guilty does it?

The court case will determine wether he is guilty or not based on the evidence.

Of he is guilty he will be labelled a rapist by everyone.

If he is not guilty will he be labelled an innocent injured party?

By some, yes.

By others, no, a rapist that got away with it.

My point is that you seem from your various contributions to this thread and others to be doing a number of things -

trying to minimise sexual violence against women

trying to belittle a woman who has expert opinion on sexual violence against women

agreeing with the suggestion that some rapes aren't worth bothering with

I think it tells a very sad story about you.

It's a bit contaminating to be honest knowing that those who have this protectionism thing going on inc those on here are very questionable. I spose it's small comfort that they are online rather than out there somewhere. Some of the stuff coming out over this thread is so self damning I wouldn't be surprised if the nonce squad were taking an interest in this thread.

I must say that there are some rather unpleasant attempts here to smear people with whom you don't agree, which don't do either of you any credit.

I must say that there are some rather unpleasant attempts here to smear people with whom you don't agree, which don't do either of you any credit.

Can you identify any attempts I've made to smear anyone?

The point is that the more people who come forward are improving the likelihood of rape victims past, present and future reporting. That can only be a good thing. If there is no case, the CPS is extremely unlikely to pursue it. The only way to help prevent sexual violence is to have zero tolerance of it. Failing prevention, seeing justice done inspires more to report rape and sexual abuse and hopefully deter sexual offenders.

no i think its you that genuinely that doesnt understand, this is someone who has said she has been a victim of rape and even she agrees it needs to be reported at the time of happening not 40+ years later:huh:

Stop blowing off gas, you're just making yourself look like an ill informed caveman with il informed posts..Your comments are based on a conception which has nothing to do with an individual. All you're doing..and I'll say VERY dangerously is that rape and its effects on an individual has to conform to some sort of pre-set plan..why? to appease your unmolested sense of what's right or wrong?

And coming from someone who THINKS they know the vast majority of rape victims are motivated by money...does that include children who were terrified to come forward until their parent abuser died :roll:

The point is that the more people who come forward are improving the likelihood of rape victims past, present and future reporting. That can only be a good thing. If there is no case, the CPS is extremely unlikely to pursue it. The only way to help prevent sexual violence is to have zero tolerance of it. Failing prevention, seeing justice done inspires more to report rape and sexual abuse and hopefully deter sexual offenders.

That. Is the best post I have seen from you in a very long time.

Well done!

Thats a fair point, but dont you think it would be better if names were kept out of it, unless the alleged offender was charged?

And don't look at me either..I quoted no one in that post. The same way you didn't quote anyone in your post.

Do you honestly think that they are going to find any evidence from over forty years ago, if yes, please explain because I don't see how it is possible.

The truth is I have no idea and neither do you, that is what investigation is for.

Off the top of my head? What about an eye witness who has had a change of heart? What about forensic evidence that still exists but could not be processed due to the technology limitations of the time? What about a confession prompted by the investigation? Anything could be unearthed from nothing at all right up to a film of the event. The point is that in order to find you first have to look.

Archived