Arrested on suspicion..

Be fair,she keeps replying on this thread but she does seem to be dodging the posters question.

I dont know whether Le Vell, Roche or any other person under investigation are innocent or guilty,what i do believe is that it is grossly unfair to name any person under investigation for delicate cases like these until proven guilty ,the "victims" are granted anonymity whether lying or not therefore the accused should be.likewise if the accused should be found innocent of any charges i.e the police dont pursue the matter any further then I believe the accusers should be investigated for,at least,wasting police time.

I'm not dodging anything but some posts are just too imbecilic for me to waste my time responding to and some posters are not worth engaging with as they cannot debate maturely, sensibly, intelligently and resort to totally unfounded ad hominem attacks.

Two women every month, latest figures. Are being prosecuted for false rape allegations.

Allegations that leave innocent mens lives in pieces.

Anonymity is paramount to stop these evil, spiteful women from ruining innocent lives.

There are some horrible people, irrespective of sex.

But to have some perspective you need to compare this with the amount of people being prosecuted for rape surely?

Better still to compare convictions.

Edit. I see I was a bit late here ... thanks for the link max.

I'm not dodging anything but some posts are just too imbecilic for me to waste my time responding to and some posters are not worth engaging with as they cannot debate maturely, sensibly, intelligently and resort to totally unfounded ad hominem attacks.

Some posters cannot debate at all, some are so full of self importance they do not think that anyone else's thoughts or opinions should even be aired.

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 10:16 ----------

There are some horrible people, irrespective of sex.

But to have some perspective you need to compare this with the amount of people being prosecuted for rape surely?

Better still to compare convictions.

Edit. I see I was a bit late here ... thanks for the link max.

100,000 Claims.

1,000 convictions

99,000 false accusations?

There's always different ways to show figures.

Some posters cannot debate at all, some are so full of self importance they do not think that anyone else's thoughts or opinions should even be aired.

So, what you, max and suffrsgett1 are saying is as long as the figures show that there are more convictions than not, it's ok?

No, we're saying that you need to put into perspective and consider the wider picture. Of course it not OK to make a false allegation, it is vexatious, horrible, vindictive and hugely damaging not to mention it perpetuates these ridiculous myths that false rape accusations are commonplace and prejudices jurors and others involved in the judicial process.

You also need to bear in mind, as the DPP states and anyone working with rape victims will attest, that retracting a complaint does not equal a false accusation by any measure. Retractions are very common as the Indy article that Max linked to highlights. Furthermore, as quisquose has stated, a not guilty verdict does not necessarily mean innocent of the crime either.

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 10:25 ----------

100,000 Claims.

1,000 convictions

Read up on this properly before drawing dangerous conclusions such as this. Have you actually bothered to read the links? Talked to professionals who work in this area? Done any of your own research?

100,000 Claims.

1,000 convictions

You're deliberately conflating "guilty v not-guilty" and "guilty v innocent" again.

1000 convictions for rape, and how many convictions for false rape allegations exactly?

It's no surprise that you've found a Daily Mail article about some nasty unimportant women being convicted of the crime. It's newsworthy not because of who they are, but because it is so rare.

For almost every prosecution of rape somebody is guilty of something ... either rape or false accusation of rape ... but the vast majority of people are found not-guilty.

However we can get a true picture of the balance of the problem by comparing convictions, and the problem is not women making false accusations. It's a problem yes, but it's not the problem.

Archived