Arrested on suspicion..

And this is the advice you would give if it had happened to your daughter, is it?

Do keep up at the back.

It was a sarcastic response to Clown Shoes who has now amended his post.

Bill Roach has been officially charged too.

I think they should only be able to report when they are charged.

I think the media go to far when people have only been investigated. Its a media witch hunt before any charges are made.

I thought the press regulation was reformed to stop that.

Bill Roach has been officially charged too.

I think they should only be able to report when they are charged.

I think the media go to far when people have only been investigated. Its a media witch hunt before any charges are made.

I thought the press regulation was reformed to stop that.

Rolf Harris' name was not released at the time that he was being questioned under caution, depsite the fact that it all over Twitter and Australian news outlets were reporting it. It is believed that this media restraint was due in part to Leveson and possibly due to the McAlpine fiasco. He was named at the point of arrest.

Furthermore, as quisquose has stated, a not guilty verdict does not necessarily mean innocent of the crime either.

and vice versa.

Indeed, although the chances of someone being wrongly convicted for rape are infinitesimal.

Rolf Harris' name was not released at the time that he was being questioned under caution, depsite the fact that it all over Twitter and Australian news outlets were reporting it. It is believed that this media restraint was due in part to Leveson and possibly due to the McAlpine fiasco. He was named at the point of arrest.

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 11:41 ----------

Indeed, although the chances of someone being wrongly comvicted for rape are infinitesimal.

I think your right. Its all over social media within hours so i guess the press have the right to try and get the facts right for the general public. Someone is going to report it so i guess its a race.

I'm not dodging anything but some posts are just too imbecilic for me to waste my time responding to and some posters are not worth engaging with as they cannot debate maturely, sensibly, intelligently and resort to totally unfounded ad hominem attacks.

So ,in your opinion,do you think its right that the accused be named and the accuser be granted anonymity before any decision to prosecute is made.

Archived