Arrested on suspicion..

I am really confused about this-I assume I am missing something. They need some evidence for all of these cases so either there were a lot of people watching these acts which seems unlikely or they must have had physical evidence at the time. If the latter is true have there been any arrests for burying evidence?

Watch tonight's channel 4 news they explain how police investigate historical claims.

It's on 4OD.

Two women every month, latest figures. Are being prosecuted for false rape allegations.

Allegations that leave innocent mens lives in pieces.

Anonymity is paramount to stop these evil, spiteful women from ruining innocent lives.

Yes, i read this report .

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/false-rape-allegations-finally-getting-some-light/

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 20:59 ----------

How many? Do you know how many men are actually convicted of rape compared with how many women say they've been raped?

I don't know the statistics.

What I was saying was that anyone accused of rape be it man or woman should have thier identity disclosed until proven otherwise. If these celebs are guilty then fine throw the book at them, I don't have a problem with that .The problem is mud sticks and it's very unfair regardless who you are.

Yes, i read this report .

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/false-rape-allegations-finally-getting-some-light/

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 20:59 ----------

I don't know the statistics.

What I was saying was that anyone accused of rape be it man or woman should have thier identity disclosed until proven otherwise. If these celebs are guilty then fine throw the book at them, I don't have a problem with that .The problem is mud sticks and it's very unfair regardless who you are.

I have provided a counter-balance to this as has Max. Here is another perspective from an expert in the field of violence against women who addresses the false accusation issue:

http://kareningalasmith.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/this-thing-about-male-victims/

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 21:22 ----------

The author of the letter discussed in this piece doesn't sound like a gold digger to me. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/how-i-exposed-stuart-halls-abuse-yasmin-alibhaibrown-on-the-anonymous-letter-that-kickstarted-the-sex-assault-investigation-8601517.html

I have provided a counter-balance to this as has Max. Here is another perspective from an expert in the field of violence against women who addresses the false accusation issue:

http://kareningalasmith.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/this-thing-about-male-victims/

Men suffer from violence as well, but that's not the issue. I totally respect what you’re saying but being falsely accused of something that could lead to a prison sentence isn’t a walk in the park. Take it from someone who knows,and i'll leave it at that .

Men suffer from violence as well, but that's not the issue. I totally respect what you’re saying but being falsely accused of something that could lead to a prison sentence isn’t a walk in the park. Take it from someone who knows,and i'll leave it at that .

Yes, men do suffer from violence as well and they have my utmost sympathy as does anyone falsely accused of any crime. However to claim that false rape accusations outweigh genuine ones or to fallaciously and mendaciously portray this as a common occurance, the norm or exaggerate it is as egregious and damaging as the effects of those who do make false rape accusations.

I'd like to invite everyone who has contributed to this thread - particularly Adam 'some rapes should be ignored' Smith (NB, note to moderators - this is a view Adam has openly proclaimed) and others who seek to downplay the issue - to read this piece by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown who tipped off the police about Stuart Hall -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/how-i-exposed-stuart-halls-abuse-yasmin-alibhaibrown-on-the-anonymous-letter-that-kickstarted-the-sex-assault-investigation-8601517.html?fb_action_ids=10151418022612773%2C10151411861163715%2C10151411691353715%2C10151367584822551%2C10151367583782551&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210151418022612773%22%3A557806954259811%2C%2210151411861163715%22%3A557806954259811%2C%2210151411691353715%22%3A344830245640343%2C%2210151367584822551%22%3A10150282243508060%2C%2210151367583782551%22%3A321409354655240%2C%2210151367583777551%22%3A126878507505784}

It's a great piece isn't it which clearly and unequivocally demonstrates that the author of that letter had zero interest in compensation etc. Trouble is, Halibut, some people do insist on judging others by their own lowly and questionable standards.

I've just removed an argument which started out as a disagreement and got very personal very quickly.

At present nobody is suspended for it, but please believe me when I say that this is against forum rules and if similar is posted on the tidied thread then suspensions will follow.

Disagree with the opinion, don't attack the poster.

It shouldn't be an either or situation, there is a third way; one where people acknowledge a not guilty verdict from the courts means the the person is innocent of the crime.

Agree 100% - in a perfect world this is what would happen. Unfortunately people can be prejudiced from what they see and read in the media.

For example, on my Facebook wall this evening, there have been 4 internet meme's shared all about Coronation Streets cast and the allegations against them.

It is for this reason I am against naming someone accused (of any crime) before they are convicted.

I did read one of Suffragettes links about how naming a rapist did get others to come forward and secured the conviction (well done to all involved there) and I can see how that helped.

However, I'm still a great believer in our justice system and do not like the idea of trial by media so I think that we, respectfully, may have to agree to disagree on this one.

And for the record as there have been accusation flying around, I'm defending our justice system not any serial rapists. If they are found guilty, they deserve everything they get and more.

Archived