Arrested on suspicion..

Open the relevant page in your browser.

Locate the web address in the address bar at the top of the page.

Double-clicking on the web address should highlight it in blue. If not, hold down the right mouse button and drag the cursor along the address until it is highlighted in blue.

Once it is highlighted in blue left-click the mouse and and select copy.

Then simply paste the address into your post. Hey presto link posted.

He didn't really need that..him being so sharp like.:hihi:

In my experience, women are not in the habit of making vexatious rape allegations nor is the CPS in the habit of pursuing cases where they do not believe the complainant nor have a robust enough case. Women retracting rape allegations is quite common for a whole variety of reasons, sometimes at their own volition and often because they're advised to. My experience is based upon a lifetime of research and working with front line groups campaigning against gendered violence as well as speaking to survivors. Based on all of this I will not be persuaded that arrested suspected rapists should be granted anonymity.

Its interesting that a survey by the independent of all newspapers shows the public differ. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22391562. Can't find the article but it's mention near the bottom.

Its interesting that a survey by the independent of all newspapers shows the public differ. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22391562. Can't find the article but it's mention near the bottom.

But the Law Commission believes that names should be released and I am inclined to be guided by their expertise. How the media then treats it is another matter entirely.

Casting aspersions again - and as usual without foundation. Anyone would think you didn't want women to be believed or something.

You seem to want to jump on anything,I simply said there was no mention of any letter,obviously with the mention of the letter and its contents it would have added weight to Halls offences and the fact that it it is alleged it was the letter which instigated the investigation would have served for more openness in people coming forward before the celebrity was named and not after,I sometimes wonder at your mindset when I read your attacks on posters,maybe its time you grew up.

By the way I see you still havent answered my question from yesterday,I wonder why

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 11:55 ----------

Do you have a link to the court report?

Would this even be included anyway? It might not have been part of the evidence.

Sorry I meant the news reports,which with hindsight would explain the non appearance of anything from a rival source.

It would be interesting as a survey to show as to why the public differ. Also interesting could be the public's relationship they have with these figures over the past..almost as if their tainted from bias.

People will protect their celeb/idols if only to protect themselves from the admission of also being a victim. Yes the population haven't exactly had grubby little hands rummaging around their pants but they have been duped and conned all the same.

Ask most kids today and they wouldn't know who the hell you were talking about..I guess this survey was aimed at a certain section who curled up on the sofa and had a giggle with their celeb friends.

I understand the main reason the male is named publically is so other victims may come forward with allegations or information that might help a prosecution.

Would another method be for a national police database to be created where any historic abuse / rape victims could register the name of their (alleged at this point as they never reported to the police previously) attacker. The name then stays on the register. If at some point a person is charged, the police can refer to the register and see if there are other potential victims of the accused.

This could be more effective in tracking down other victims where the accused is not a celebrity so the arrest doesnt make headlines, and it also protects the man who may well be innocent.

I understand the main reason the male is named publically is so other victims may come forward with allegations or information that might help a prosecution.

Would another method be for a national police database to be created where any historic abuse / rape victims could register the name of their (alleged at this point as they never reported to the police previously) attacker. The name then stays on the register. If at some point a person is charged, the police can refer to the register and see if there are other potential victims of the accused.

This could be more effective in tracking down other victims where the accused is not a celebrity so the arrest doesnt make headlines, and it also protects the man who may well be innocent.

This has been suggested and I think is something that Mark Williams Thomas has proposed/is involved in. With a system like this in place, the likes of Ian Huntley would have been detected and two girls' lives saved. It would certainly help establish patterns of offending wIth the likes of Savile, where separate reports to different police forces were made and never pursued.

Is this the same Mark Williams Thomas the self publicity seeking hound who claimed on the Jimmy Saville programme to be behind the conviction of Jonathan King,yet had left the force a good deal of time before.King by the way was investigated through someone approaching Max Clifford with a story to sell,yes the same Max Clifford who is currently on bail charged with 11 counts of indecent assault on young females.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 16:22 ----------

Because it was pre celebrity identity release in the case of Hall

Now answer my question about the outright lie you posted about me.

What are you suggesting here? :suspect:

Archived