Arrested on suspicion..

Also is that treating a wealthy and poor guilty party differently ?

Only in that there is very little point of suing somebody who has nothing.

why should they get compensation ??

Because they were raped and sexually abused.

It's not complex.

they clearly are motivated by money! how long before their whole sordid story will be in a tabloid paper or magazine or made into a documentary??....within the next year i guess! and why should they get compensation ?? the law punishes the guilty and we still await Mr halls punishment....no need to sue him or his estate......................or was that the plan???:suspect::suspect: all along this and all the other cases

Maybe they are motivated by revenge, and want to take as much from the pedophile as possible? To me this would seem a reasonable reaction, why does it cause you so much concern?

I did consider that, but I find it impossible to conclude that somebody could believe that the main motivation of these victims of a sexual crimes would be greed.

It is amazing how far an apologist will go to neglect the plight of a victim (one being a 9yr old) in order to protect their skewered world view and the perps.

Not at all, it was just a case of clarifying the basis of the claim.

There is one anomaly that has been highlighted in the last few posts and that is that if a wealthy person is found guilty the victim may sue and win a sum of money.

If the guilty person does not have any wealth then the victim will get no money by suing.

Also is that treating a wealthy and poor guilty party differently ?

There is the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority and some are suing the BBC.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 18:41 ----------

Maybe they are motivated by revenge, and want to take as much from the pedophile as possible? To me this would seem a reasonable reaction, why does it cause you so much concern?

I agree. I am sure if they could turn back the clock, not have been sexually abused, had their childhoods stolen from them, had to relive their abuse with flashbacks and nightmares and been triggered whenever it was in the news, they would much rather have that. Sadly, it is not an option.

There is the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority and some are suing the BBC.

That, in my opinion, is the fair course to follow.

It can never be fair to the victim or guilty party to be tret differently because of the guilty parties financial position which is what suing could result in.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 18:55 ----------

Only in that there is very little point of suing somebody who has nothing.

Therefore if one is assaulted by a poor person they get no financial recompense but if the perpetrator was wealthy their victim would be able to get financial recompense.

It is making the first victim a victim a second time.

That, in my opinion, is the fair course to follow.

It can never be fair to the victim or guilty party to be tret differently because of the guilty parties financial position which is what suing could result in.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 18:55 ----------

Therefore if one is assaulted by a poor person they get no financial recompense but if the perpetrator was wealthy their victim would be able to get financial recompense.

It is making the first victim a victim a second time.

Although in this case and others of its ilk, it is because of the abuser's status that they were able to get away with it for so long.

they clearly are motivated by money! how long before their whole sordid story will be in a tabloid paper or magazine or made into a documentary

1) You use the word clearly but don't even know who the victims are so it's not clear at all. You're just guessing. Hall pleaded guilty by the way.

2) I do find it strange that someone who names himself after Adam Smith in defence of the free market where supply and demand are everything should suddenly reject those same laws of supply and demand when he doesn't even have evidence that a newspaper or magazine or any market is involved.

Although in this case and others of its ilk, it is because of the abuser's status that they were able to get away with it for so long.

I don't know if it was different in these high profile cases to other cases that the victim didn't think they would be believed because of the identity of the accused.

What needs to be taken into very careful consideration are the victims of the non famous or rich.

If they come forward and the accused are dealt with by the courts the same as the victims of rich celebrity people we are on an even playing field.

If the victims of the rich sue and get compensation and the victims of the poor get nothing that is not fair or just and must surely cause feelings of less self worth.

That is why I fully agree with you that the Criminal Compensation Board is the way to even the field and get recompense.

they clearly are motivated by money! how long before their whole sordid story will be in a tabloid paper or magazine or made into a documentary??....within the next year i guess! and why should they get compensation ?? the law punishes the guilty and we still await Mr halls punishment....no need to sue him or his estate......................or was that the plan???:suspect::suspect: all along this and all the other cases

The more information relating to these "sordid stories" (which implies the victim is sordid and not the perp..no news there from you) the better..The public will then be able to get an insight into the "sordid" details of how these nasty pieces of work operated. It may also break down barriers that victims who are still struggling to come forward because of issues still arising from these "sordid" perveyours of youth innocence.

Every word you type reinforces the fact you are an apologist for child molesters. :suspect:

Archived