Arrested on suspicion..

You seriously do not believe that people would be found guilty if there wasn't any evidence to back up the accusations?

I didn't say that, evidence comes in many forms, here's a scenario

Female reports a rape 2 years after it happened, male gets arrested, female says this rape happened after a night out she can't remember where or actually precisely when, no witnesses and no hard evidence.

Because of her brief description how would you move forward with this ?

Male says it never happened female says it did ? Where do you go next you can't just believe someone because you want to their has to be some amount of evidence wether that be hard evidence, or witnesses etc

The fact is she could have just made this story up or been a little too drunk and slept with someone which she now regrets etc , or it could have happened and the male could be lying because their isn't enough to hold him on.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 22:07 ----------

Admission of guilt...or is that just circumstantial?

how could it be ?

Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone who attempts to trivialise, minimise, dismiss child abuse, demonises child abuse survivors, accuses them of lying and in doing so seeks to normalise or defend child sexual abuse. Remember those high profile vociferous apologists: Savile (about Glitter), Jim Davidson, Max Clifford, William Roache et al. Just saying like, but a few on here are displaying dangerously similar apologia.

I didn't say that, evidence comes in many forms, here's a scenario

Female reports a rape 2 years after it happened, male gets arrested, female says this rape happened after a night out she can't remember where or actually precisely when, no witnesses and no hard evidence.

Because of her brief description how would you move forward with this ?

Male says it never happened female says it did ? Where do you go next you can't just believe someone because you want to their has to be some amount of evidence wether that be hard evidence, or witnesses etc

The fact is she could have just made this story up or been a little too drunk and slept with someone which she now regrets etc , or it could have happened and the male could be lying because their isn't enough to hold him on.

Without any evidence I doubt that any charges would be brought, so it would be impossible to assertion who is telling the truth so the assumption of innocence would stand.

Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone who attempts to trivialise, minimise, dismiss child abuse, demonises child abuse survivors, accuses them of lying and in doing so seeks to normalise or defend child sexual abuse. Remember those high profile vociferous apologists: Savile (about Glitter), Jim Davidson, Max Clifford, William Roache et al. Just saying like, but a few on here are displaying dangerously similar apologia.

So people who don't instantly agree with your point and everything you say are untrustworthy ?, by the way I never disagreed with your points or tried to trivialise or normalise or defend child sexual abuse ( infact I said nothing about children).

Your opinions are your own not everyone holds the same opinions and views as you, and just because you don't like the fact we aren't running round with pitchforks hunting down child abusers does not mean you can try a force your views onto others, you obviously are very passionate about your views and know your stuff but the fact still remains their are people who lie in our society, their are people who make up events to try and earn a nice crust from it, just because you don't Agree with that doesn't mean I'm making it up.

Some of us don't just look into the box we look around it aswell .

If you cannot remain civil and refrain from slinging accusations at each other then suspensions will be issued. No further warnings will be given.

but the fact still remains their are people who lie in our society,

Yes as we are finding out in a big way.

their are people who make up events to try and earn a nice crust from it, just because you don't Agree with that doesn't mean I'm making it up.

There are also people who hide events, and the result is they earn a "nice crust" from those they're hiding it from

You were saying something about looking outside the box?:rolleyes:

So people who don't instantly agree with your point and everything you say are untrustworthy ?, by the way I never disagreed with your points or tried to trivialise or normalise or defend child sexual abuse ( infact I said nothing about children).

Your opinions are your own not everyone holds the same opinions and views as you, and just because you don't like the fact we aren't running round with pitchforks hunting down child abusers does not mean you can try a force your views onto others, you obviously are very passionate about your views and know your stuff but the fact still remains their are people who lie in our society, their are people who make up events to try and earn a nice crust from it, just because you don't Agree with that doesn't mean I'm making it up.

You're distorting what I said. I said I don't trust apologists of child sex abuse which as far as I am aware, is what this thread is about. I never said that people who disagree with me are untrusworthy.

Yes, people do lie as Hall did, strenuously denying the allegations whilst spiriting away his assets to then admit to the charges. Everyone seems to be overlooking his mendacity but focussing on people lying and claiming to have been abused by him. Why do you suppose that is?

Yes as we are finding out in a big way.

There are also people who hide events, and the result is they earn a "nice crust" from those they're hiding it from

You were saying something about looking outside the box?:rolleyes:

My point wasn't just one sided i haven't said anywhere that those mentioned haven't done anything wrong, stop trying to attack me and actually read my posts properly, I have only stated that their will be people trying to make abit of money by making up story's and yes their are also those trying and have hid things for a long time.

Those have and are being investigated and are being brought forward for justice on a daily basis now we see this my point was that their will be some trying to jump on the compo bandwagon if you think that's wrong then you are only looking inside the box.

Go and roll your eyes somewhere else, I highly doubt that a person that committed rape can earn money from the person they raped , where as if someone wanted to claim compensation because they were raped it's quite a different story isn't it. Please think before you post .

My point wasn't just one sided i haven't said anywhere that those mentioned haven't done anything wrong, stop trying to attack me and actually read my posts properly, I have only stated that their will be people trying to make abit of money by making up story's and yes their are also those trying and have hid things for a long time.

Those have and are being investigated and are being brought forward for justice on a daily basis now we see this my point was that their will be some trying to jump on the compo bandwagon if you think that's wrong then you are only looking inside the box.

Go and roll your eyes somewhere else, I highly doubt that a person that committed rape can earn money from the person they raped , where as if someone wanted to claim compensation because they were raped it's quite a different story isn't it. Please think before you post .

As I have said, any false complainants will be weeded out quite quickly, which is the role of the investigating team. Furthermore, officers will be getting invaluable experience in dealing with historic abuse claims and this will equip them even more to detect any false claims at future points in cases of this nature.

You're distorting what I said. I said I don't trust apologists of child sex abuse which as far as I am aware, is what this thread is about. I never said that people who disagree with me are untrusworthy.

Yes, people do lie as Hall did, strenuously denying the allegations whilst spiriting away his assets to then admit to the charges. Everyone seems to be overlooking his mendacity but focussing on people lying and claiming to have been abused by him. Why do you suppose that is?

I haven't distorted anything that you said, you can quite clearly see what you posted earlier about a few on ere displaying dangerously similar apologia, you were pointing that at possibly me but others on this forum, and infact calling them/me untrustworthy in your opinion, that's how it comes across anyhow.

I don't know why that is do you ?, If you read my posts you will see I haven't pointed ay anyone or any group of people and just like hall their are others on the other side of all these cases who lie aswell, and my point being how do we figure out the liars from the honest without evidence as then it's ones word against another's, said persons may/probably have committed those offences but you can't just take someone's word for it because people lie for their own benefit.

Archived