Arrested on suspicion..

I haven't distorted anything that you said, you can quite clearly see what you posted earlier about a few on ere displaying dangerously similar apologia, you were pointing that at possibly me but others on this forum, and infact calling them/me untrustworthy in your opinion, that's how it comes across anyhow.

I don't know why that is do you ?, If you read my posts you will see I haven't pointed ay anyone or any group of people and just like hall their are others on the other side of all these cases who lie aswell, and my point being how do we figure out the liars from the honest without evidence as then it's ones word against another's, said persons may/probably have committed those offences but you can't just take someone's word for it because people lie for their own benefit.

That is the police's job. Most sex crimes are one person's word against another's. They piece together the various accounts of the abuse, look for patterns, corroborate it, speak to anyone the victim says they disclosed to. Go through the BBC archives, interview people on both sides etc.

That is the police's job. Most sex crimes are one person's word against another's. They piece together the various accounts of the abuse, look for patterns, corroborate it, speak to anyone the victim says they disclosed to. Go through the BBC archives, interview people on both sides etc.

Ok :D.......

The more we focus on false claims and compensation the more we contribute to victims remaining silent about the abuse they have suffered.

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 00:57 ----------

Seeing as false claims and compensation are brought up every time stories like this appear, does anybody have any evidence that false allegations based purely on monetary gain are particulary prevalent or pose societally significant problems?

My point wasn't just one sided i haven't said anywhere that those mentioned haven't done anything wrong, stop trying to attack me and actually read my posts properly, I have only stated that their will be people trying to make abit of money by making up story's

You have no foundation to make such sweeping dangerous claims.

and yes their are also those trying and have hid things for a long time.

Nice of you to acknowledge fact in these circumstances...any chance you could stick with fact instead of inserting fiction?

Go and roll your eyes somewhere else, I highly doubt that a person that committed rape can earn money from the person they raped , where as if someone wanted to claim compensation because they were raped it's quite a different story isn't it. Please think before you post .

:huh: Bless..why didn't you just say you want equality for the rapist. Honestly I think you need to retire from the debate.

The more we focus on false claims and compensation the more we contribute to victims remaining silent about the abuse they have suffered.

Seeing as false claims and compensation are brought up every time stories like this appear, does anybody have any evidence that false allegations based purely on monetary gain are particulary prevalent or pose societally significant problems?

I agree and no, because there is none. Here is a great piece: http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/05/rape-accused-dont-need-anonymity

Quite..but staring at us in Black n White are nefarious unsubstantiated claims that seeking compensation = "making it up". And by questioning that "you just aint looking outside the box".

Quite..but staring at us in Black n White are nefarious unsubstantiated claims that seeking compensation = "making it up". And by questioning that "you just aint looking outside the box".

And some how outweighs Hall's predatory child abusing, womanizing, serial adulterer, lying, groping ways? Interesting.

I have never understood that correlation. Why is there is such a tendency to ignore every justifiable award of compensation across the entire spectrum of survivors of traumatic incidents in favour of a knee-jerk assumption that dishonesty and greed are prevalent in these cases? Are our newspapers and prisons full of people who have pretended to have been raped in order to extort money?

Are there more of these mendacious fraudsters in prison than there are child abusers and rapists? No.

Archived