Arrested on suspicion..

This entire thing was gone through by Savile apologists, until the sheer weight of it couldn't be propped up anymore.

"It's all so long ago. Why didn't they mention it before?"

"The victims are lying."

"The victims are money grabbers."

"They'll be selling their stories soon."

Now it's moved on, and we've got the same thing again. Ad nauseam.

You also seem to have the opinion that I disagree with you, which I don't and no where have I said I don't agree with you, are you really so naive to think that some cases are false?, really ?

I have provided evidence on many occasions now, If you choose to disagree then ok, I'm really not worried but your need to prove me wrong is your downfall it makes your whole arguement fail, can you not accept the fact that some do make up cases ? ( outside the box )

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 09:02 ----------

This entire thing was gone through by Savile apologists, until the sheer weight of it couldn't be propped up anymore.

"It's all so long ago. Why didn't they mention it before?"

"The victims are lying."

"The victims are money grabbers."

"They'll be selling their stories soon."

Now it's moved on, and we've got the same thing again. Ad nauseam.

Yes I know, but my point wasn't to a certain case its to all cases like this, their will be some who lie for whatever reason.

You also seem to have the opinion that I disagree with you, which I don't and no where have I said I don't agree with you, are you really so naive to think that some cases are false?, really ?

I have provided evidence on many occasions now, If you choose to disagree then ok, I'm really not worried but your need to prove me wrong is your downfall it makes your whole arguement fail, can you not accept the fact that some do make up cases ? ( outside the box )

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 09:02 ----------

Yes I know, but my point wasn't to a certain case its to all cases like this, their will be some who lie for whatever reason.

As Skinz said, I have never denied that it happens ever. I reject the way its occurrence Ian exaggerated and eclipses far more pressing issues around rape and sexual violence.

As Skinz said, I have never denied that it happens ever. I reject the way its occurrence Ian exaggerated and eclipses far more pressing issues around rape and sexual violence.

The reason I brought my point up is because the ones who do make up the false allegations damage the real cases, and that's a real problem as you know yourself it's hard enough for women to bring their cases up without the false cases damaging their chances to start with.

The reason I brought my point up is because the ones who do make up the false allegations damage the real cases, and that's a real problem as you know yourself it's hard enough for women to bring their cases up without the false cases damaging their chances to start with.

Yes and by using it as a reason to grant anonymity to arrested suspected rapists makes it even harder for victims to get justice. Those proved to have made a false accusation should be prosecuted, that is the solution.

The reason I brought my point up is because the ones who do make up the false allegations damage the real cases....

No they don't. Each case is considered separately. What damages the real cases is victims not making complaints or the authorities not paying heed to them, as the Savile case showed. If the real cases are damaged it's only in the minds of the conspiracy-theorists like yourself.

Yes and by using it as a reason to grant anonymity to arrested suspected rapists makes it even harder for victims to get justice. Those proved to have made a false accusation should be prosecuted, that is the solution.

Yes and maybe a lot more noise brought forward about it so people actually see it does happen, and arent called untrustworthy or the fact that people aren't campaigning for rapists rights ;)

Yes and maybe a lot more noise brought forward about it so people actually see it does happen, and arent called untrustworthy or the fact that people aren't campaigning for rapists rights ;)

There is enough "noise" about it as it is and it is shaping public perception to the detriment of rape victims. Do an analysis of media reporting (especially the tabloids) and see how much press attention it already gets. It has already dominated this thread and others of its ilk.

There is enough "noise" about it as it is and it is shaping public perception to the detriment of rape victims. Do an analysis of media reporting (especially the tabloids) and see how much press attention it already gets. It has already dominated this thread and others of its ilk.

I have done re the links provided, it wasn't so easy to find them either.

Archived