Arrested on suspicion..

I have done re the links provided, it wasn't so easy to find them either.

The disproportionate coverage and way they are reported is what is causing the real harm. Perhaps they weren't easy to find because it is much rarer than the public perceive it to be? Just a thought.

The disproportionate coverage and way they are reported is what is causing the real harm. Perhaps they weren't easy to find because it is much rarer than the public perceive it to be? Just a thought.

Possibly, or maybe because these cases aren't brought to light as much.

Just a thought.

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 10:49 ----------

There's a column in today's Observer entitled: If sex offenders are named, victims will come forward which puts the argument far more eloquently than I could.

All involved should be named IMO, the fact is we need to know the details otherwise we can't find out the liars and ones trying to hide certain details of importance, I can understand the reasons for why victims want to keep out of the public eye but like has been said already, no one should be ashamed of being attacked it would help more to have the courage to come forward if people were willing to been seen bringing their attackers to justice.

Possibly, or maybe because these cases aren't brought to light as much.

Just a thought.

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 10:49 ----------

All involved should be named IMO, the fact is we need to know the details otherwise we can't find out the liars and ones trying to hide certain details of importance, I can understand the reasons for why victims want to keep out of the public eye but like has been said already, no one should be ashamed of being attacked it would help more to have the courage to come forward if people were willing to been seen bringing their attackers to justice.

Some choose to waive their anonymity and the current system is the best way to get victims to come forward and should remain as it is. Victims have had hate campaigns and death threats waged against them, some have to go into witness protection as a result. Ched Evans' rape victim has had to leave the country thanks to people who took it upon themselves to name her all over social media.

Some choose to waive their anonymity and the current system is the best way to get victims to come forward and should remain as it is. Victims have had hate campaigns and death threats waged against them, some have to go into witness protection as a result. Ched Evans' rape victim has had to leave the country thanks to people who took it upon themselves to name her all over social media.

Read the top link I posted earlier, about the chap who had boiling water thrown at him and attacked in a prison although he was wrongly convicted of rape because the woman in question made it up .... It goes both ways yet he has no anonymity, and will probably be judged his whole life.

As I said I understand why some chose anonymity, it would help their cases I imagine not doing so though.

Read the top link I posted earlier, about the chap who had boiling water thrown at him and attacked in a prison although he was wrongly convicted of rape because the woman in question made it up .... It goes both ways yet he has no anonymity, and will probably be judged his whole life.

As I said I understand why some chose anonymity, it would help their cases I imagine not doing so though.

I am not changing my stance on this. I have years of experience and have done lots of research in this area, spoken to prosecutors and advocates who deal with sex crimes. I work at Rape Crisis (in a voluntary capacity) and any change in the current system would result in a Rapists' Charter. It's depressing and tragic that there is a small number of cases that ruin lives but legislation needs to be based on reality and a system that benefits the majority rather than a tiny minority who choose to abuse it. My position remains and will continue to do so.

I'll put a link to a previous post and suggest you have a look at that. Another link

I don't understand the point your trying to make against my post ?

I'm trying to put your stories of untrue allegations into perspective. Comparing the number of untrue allegations against the number of rape allegations shows that the untrue ones fade into insignificance, statistically.

Archived