Arrested on suspicion..

I never said it had anything to do with it, but maybe he should have had the right of anonymity, and if he would have been found guilty then by all means throw him in the stocks IMO

Even if he had been granted anonymity, how would that have prevented the abuse and violence he was subjected to in prison?:huh:

Even if he had been granted anonymity, how would that have prevented the abuse and violence he was subjected to in prison?:huh:

If you read the link he was in the local paper before he went to prison, so some on the outside may still believe he is a rapist although he was found wrongly convicted, this could easily put him in danger or ruin chances for job etc

Can you not understand that ?

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 14:24 ----------

Maybe have a look at this one again - http://falseallegations.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/34/

Just incase you missed it earlier.

If you read the link he was in the local paper before he went to prison, so some on the outside may still believe he is a rapist although he was found wrongly convicted, this could easily put him in danger or ruin chances for job etc

Of course I understand it but as I and others have said, you are over-egging the pudding when all the evidence available by those of repute who work in the field and are experts, is that false rape allegations are infinitimesal when put into the wider context of sexual violence against women and children. If you factor in the number of rapes cases which are dropped add those are never reported, it is even more a tiny percentage.

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 14:29 ----------

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 14:24 ----------

Maybe have a look at this one again - http://falseallegations.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/34/

Just incase you missed it earlier.

Yes, I have looked at that link, which does not in any way explore the reasons for the attrition rate and assumes that this would inflate the false rape allegations statistics. I have already addressed why there is a high attrition rate in earlier posts. Trying to infer a causal link and correlation between the two is disingenuous to say the least.

Of course I understand it but as I and others have said, you are over-egging the pudding when all the evidence available by those of repute who work in the field and are experts, is that false rape allegations are infinitimesal when put into the wider context of sexual violence against women and children. If you factor in the number of rapes cases which are dropped add those are never reported, it is even more a tiny percentage.

I never said it happened a lot, please re read my posts and show me where I have said its a common occurrence, all I have said is it does happen,

So I haven't over egged any pudding at all just because it doesn't fit in with your views doesn't make it any less true.

I will ask you lie, I did max, if there were 10'000 false allegations made each year and only 1% were true would you think of those cases as only infinitesimal and not worth thinking about ?

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 14:30 ----------

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 14:29 ----------

Yes, I have looked at that link, which does not in any way explore the reasons for the attrition rate and assumes that this would inflate the false rape allegations statistics. I have already addressed why there is a high attrition rate in earlier posts. Trying to infer a causal and correlation between the two is disingenuous to say the least.

Oh come on, don't be sore about it

I never said it happened a lot, please re read my posts and show me where I have said its a common occurrence, all I have said is it does happen,

So I haven't over egged any pudding at all just because it doesn't fit in with your views doesn't make it any less true.

I will ask you lie, I did max, if there were 10'000 false allegations made each year and only 1% were true would you think of those cases as only infinitesimal and not worth thinking about ?

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 14:30 ----------

Oh come on, don't be sore about it

Obviously, if that were indeed the case then such a system would need a major overhaul and we would have to address why 10s of 1000s of women were making false rape allegations as it would be failing the majority (in your fantasy scenario of innocent men accused of rape) whereas the current system favours the majority (women making genuine allegations) and not a minority of those who abuse it, so it's a silly question.

You have over-egged the pudding by making a case for changing the law based on a tiny minority of false rape claims, in virtually every post.

Obviously, if that were indeed the case then such a system would need a major overhaul and we would have to address why 10s of 1000s of women were making false rape allegations as it would be failing the majority (in your fantasy scenario of innocent men accused of rape) whereas the current system favours the majority (women making genuine allegations) and not a minority of those who abuse it, so it's a silly question.

You have over-egged the pudding by making a case for changing the law based on a tiny minority of false rape claims, in virtually every post.

You must be involved in politics !

Is it a silly question because you don't know the answer ?, or because you simply don't want to answer it ?

Do you need to make things up to win your arguement ?, where at all have I said the law needs to be changed ?, that's a false allegation you know ;)

If it was the other way and their were lots of rape allegations but only an infinitesimal number were true would you hold the same view that it didn't matter

I have never said that untrue rape allegations do not matter merely that you are putting too much emphasis on these rather than addressing the more horrendous crime of rape.

Well, Mark Williams Thomas has just tweeted about there being some interesting developments over the next week with ongoing child abuse investigations into Operation Yewtree and Savile, so it will be interesting to see the reactions to this. In that I mean, I hope that we are witnessing a cultural shift in the understanding of not only the prevalence of child abuse but why victims did not come forward at the time (although a handful did regarding Savile and were dismissed). Let us hope that we no longer hear about celebrity witch hunts, why after all this time, how many of these victims are chancers? etc.

We need to end this ghastly pernicious culture that is the rapist's and child abuser's best friend, that allows them to thrive and remain at large, ruining countless lives.

Have you not just had a go at someone for trying to derail the thread?

I have never said that untrue rape allegations do not matter merely that you are putting too much emphasis on these rather than addressing the more horrendous crime of rape.

The horrendous crime has been addressed and I agree with every point made on the subject , I'm addressing another side to it, why is their such a problem with that ?

Archived