Arrested on suspicion..

Yes, because there's plenty of money to be had in falsely accusing somebody of assault 40 years ago and then failing to prove beyond reasonable doubt that something that didn't happen happened. :roll:

yes and i will bet there will be plenty of these cases that are quietly dropped after the lawyers have done some cash deals behind closed doors:suspect::suspect::roll:

Based on my opinion like I stated in my post, you know, the one you quoted and emboldened.

You following Suffragette1 around again? :suspect:

I was wondering what you based your opinion on?

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 17:53 ----------

Ive never sought one penny compensation for what he did to me. Knowing hes in prison is enough for me to get on with my life.

The money would feel tainted any way.

You are perfectly entitled to feel that way. Other survivors are entitled to feel differently.

It also answers in part the question "why didn't they report it at the time?" Rape and abuse victims are often, if not frequently, accused of lying, being mad, fantasists, attention seekers, experiencing post bad sexual experience regret and if the accused is rich, money grabbers. They'd be more likely to get money through blackmail than through the courts .

they didnt report it at the time (if it ever actually happend) because in those days the girls that hung around famous people, music /tv stars thought it was great and one up on their mates to be associated with so and so, things may or may not have happend and at the time they probably thought it was grown up and clever!! and for the next 40 yrs got on with their lives not thinking another thing about it....THEN! along comes the king of it all sir James Sa"vile" as was, now compensation is talked about in the media for the victims!! now all of a sudden many more "victims" appear naming fred, joe, max, william, dave lee and many more....mmmm very suspect:suspect::suspect::suspect:

yes and i will bet there will be plenty of these cases that are quietly dropped after the lawyers have done some cash deals behind closed doors:suspect::suspect::roll:

And your evidence for this is .....

And how much is plenty? 1%, 10%?

You claimed 100% of the cases were motivated by money in the post I replied to, so there should be loads of evidence, which is .....

they didnt report it at the time (if it ever actually happend) because in those days the girls that hung around famous people, music /tv stars thought it was great and one up on their mates to be associated with so and so, things may or may not have happend and at the time they probably thought it was grown up and clever!! and for the next 40 yrs got on with their lives not thinking another thing about it....THEN! along comes the king of it all sir James Sa"vile" as was, now compensation is talked about in the media for the victims!! now all of a sudden many more "victims" appear naming fred, joe, max, william, dave lee and many more....mmmm very suspect:suspect::suspect::suspect:

I don't find it "suspect" in the slightest. Those named post-Savile are still living so they have no estates to claim against. There has been a sea change in the way in which police treat these allegations which has inspired confidence for survivors. To assume that they have forgotten all about it is pretty abhorrent. Rape and sexual abuse often destroys lives.

It's one thing to have your photo taken with a celeb or get their autograph. Entirely another tobe raped by them.

And your evidence for this is .....

And how much is plenty? 1%, 10%?

You claimed 100% of the cases were motivated by money in the post I replied to, so there should be loads of evidence, which is .....

no evidence personally as you well know and it is the same for your own view? where did i say 100%???? and plenty i would hazrd a common sense gues of about 80-90% are motivated by money.....sadly i also reckon we will never really know as it will eventually go quiet.....is there a date for a first trial??????....No didnt think so! cps will never bring one to court except for the saville one maybe and even then a lot will be malicious claims. we will see

But Roache may not remember and he will face the same questions ,to pin any particular date down after 30 years is going to be very hard to remember,how does that make the point pointless ?

The question is not whether he remembers what he was doing at a particular time but whether he raped someone. If he raped someone he'll almost certainly remember the event even if he doesn't remember the exact date.

i suspect in all cases "MONEY" is it really hard to believe that after 40 or so years in this case and pretty much all the others that someone suddenly decides "oh yes i think i was abused " all that time ago........and they didnt think to come forward before:suspect: disgusting is the word for these chancers:roll:

Especially considering the "victims" of Saville are now trying to sue his estate for compensation :roll:

Is it more than a coincidence that the right-wing voters on here are all taking the side of the accused against the alleged victims? All we need now is MrSmith/Maxmaximus defending paedophiles again and it'll be a BNP/UKIP/Tory/NF conference in defence of alleged sex offenders.

no evidence personally as you well know and it is the same for your own view? where did i say 100%???? and plenty i would hazrd a common sense gues of about 80-90% are motivated by money.....sadly i also reckon we will never really know as it will eventually go quiet.....is there a date for a first trial??????....No didnt think so! cps will never bring one to court except for the saville one maybe and even then a lot will be malicious claims. we will see

Ha ha, Savile one might go to court. I see I've been replying to a troll. You got me. :hihi:

I don't find it "suspect" in the slightest. Those named post-Savile are still living so they have no estates to claim against. There has been a sea change in the way in which police treat these allegations which has inspired confidence for survivors. To assume that they have forgotten all about it is pretty abhorrent. Rape and sexual abuse often destroys lives.

It's one thing to have your photo taken with a celeb or get their autograph. Entirely another tobe raped by them.

sorry i think you really are being nieve, all the post saville ones are pretty wealthy individuals who have plenty of assets to claim against.

we dont know the exact charges so to bleat rape etc is a little premature, the whole spectrum of charges will probably vary from very grey areas a bottom grope whilst having a picture taken to full rape as in savilles case.

police have to investigate these cases now due to blame culture of our laws now even the most tenuous of allegations have to be investigated at huge cost 40+ years later:loopy:

Has anyone seen any evidence pro or against?

Is there any evidence?

Why should the accused be named and not the accusers?

Does anyone believe this is right?

As it stands, no one has been raped, allegations have been made and to this day not one court case has come from it.

Therefore EVERYONE and EVERY POST on this any any other thread on THIS matter is just pure speculation and each persons thoughts on the matter. Why do some, Suffragette1 et al think their ideas are the be all and end all?

Archived