Arrested on suspicion..

Has anyone seen any evidence pro or against?

Is there any evidence?

Why should the accused be named and not the accusers?

Does anyone believe this is right?

As it stands, no one has been raped, allegations have been made and to this day not one court case has come from it.

Therefore EVERYONE and EVERY POST on this any any other thread on THIS matter is just pure speculation and each persons thoughts on the matter. Why do some, Suffragette1 et al think their ideas are the be all and end all?

When a complaint of rape is made the police have a duty to investigate it don't you think?

What makes you think women complaining of rape should be publically identified? Have you any idea how much harder that would make it for women to find the courage to admit they've been sexually assaulted?

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 18:28 ----------

sorry i think you really are being nieve, all the post saville ones are pretty wealthy individuals who have plenty of assets to claim against.

we dont know the exact charges so to bleat rape etc is a little premature, the whole spectrum of charges will probably vary from very grey areas a bottom grope whilst having a picture taken to full rape as in savilles case.

police have to investigate these cases now due to blame culture of our laws now even the most tenuous of allegations have to be investigated at huge cost 40+ years later:loopy:

There's nothing 'grey' about groping a woman's backside. It's a sexual assault.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 18:29 ----------

and plenty i would hazrd a common sense gues of about 80-90% are motivated by money.....

That's not a common sense guess, that's an ill educated, wilfully ignorant and misogynistic guess.

When a complaint of rape is made the police have a duty to investigate it don't you think?

What makes you think women complaining of rape should be publically identified? Have you any idea how much harder that would make it for women to find the courage to admit they've been sexually assaulted?

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 18:28 ----------

There's nothing 'grey' about groping a woman's backside. It's a sexual assault.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 18:29 ----------

That's not a common sense guess, that's an ill educated, wilfully ignorant and misogynistic guess.

Do you think it's right that the accused is named?

Why embolden part of my post then not bother replying to that part of the quote?

police have to investigate these cases now due to blame culture of our laws now even the most tenuous of allegations have to be investigated at huge cost 40+ years later:loopy:

Are you suggesting that the police should ignore women who make historical complaints of rape?

Do you think it's right that the accused is named?

Why embolden part of my post then not bother replying to that part of the quote?

Do you know why there are questions as to why the accused shouldn't be named?

Can you tell me how you know that the victims are telling the truth?

I don't. I do my best to not judge either way. That is what the legal process is for, but that process cannot function properly if prejudice prevents the reporting of abuse.

I don't. I do my best to not judge either way. That is what the legal process is for, but that process cannot function properly if prejudice prevents the reporting of abuse.

Regarding rape cases, reporting does prejudice, against the named accused generally.

Regarding rape cases, reporting does prejudice, against the named accused generally.

Unfortunate as that may be, if you consider the number of reported rapes that don't end in arrests, even less convictions and the small number of malicious allegations it doesn't that much of a priority does it?

:o.........

It wouldn't be such a shock if you had read this in post 17.

I agree that there are victims of false allegations that also require, and have a right to, protection. The way to achieve that, however, is not to smear every allegation made before it is investigated just in case it may be false.

The way to achieve that is to not release names unless and until enough evidence has been found to issue a charge.

Archived