Arrested on suspicion..

Which rape are we talking about here because as far as I can see, we don't even know if any did?

The two rapes that Bill Roache is alleged to have to committed if you must have an example - but it was a general point aimed at Adam Smith's facile and disgusting suggestion that some complaints of rape aren't worth persuing.

It isn't about you and what you can see...can you see?

Once again, your posts are irrelevant and have no bearing on the topic at all.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 19:51 ----------

The two rapes that Bill Roache is alleged to have to committed if you must have an example - but it was a general point aimed at Adam Smith's facile and disgusting suggestion that some complaints of rape aren't worth persuing.

So, a woman alleges she was raped, the bloke alleges he didn't do it, who do you believe?

IMO this case should not be persued because as I have already stated, I don't believe it can be proved, do you?

Once again, your posts are irrelevant and have no bearing on the topic at all.

It was entirely relevant. The point is, that victims of serious crime have a right to have their complaints dealt with and taken seriously. It's not about what you think is right - it's about what is right; it's right that women alleging sexual assault and rape are taken seriously and their claims properly investigated.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 19:59 ----------

So, a woman alleges she was raped, the bloke alleges he didn't do it, who do you believe?

That depends on the evidence does it not?

IMO this case should not be persued because as I have already stated, I don't believe it can be proved, do you?

Without knowing all the evidence, it's utterly impossible to know whether it can be proved or not, so your speculation is worthless.

It's clearly a difficult offence to successfully prosecute at the best of times, especially when it happened a long time ago - but to suggest that women's complaints should be ignored, as Adam Smith did, is frankly disgusting and an offense to right thinking people.

It was entirely relevant. The point is, that victims of serious crime have a right to have their complaints dealt with and taken seriously. It's not about what you think is right - it's about what is right; it's right that women alleging sexual assault and rape are taken seriously and their claims properly investigated.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 19:59 ----------

That depends on the evidence does it not?

Without knowing all the evidence, it's utterly impossible to know whether it can be proved or not, so your speculation is worthless.

It's clearly a difficult offence to successfully prosecute at the best of times, especially when it happened a long time ago - but to suggest that women's complaints should be ignored, as Adam Smith did, is frankly disgusting and an offense to right thinking people.

No, my Opinion is not worthless, you berated someone for suggesting the case should be dropped, I disagree with you and stated why I disagreed.

Your opinion that it should be investigated IMO is pointless drivell because it's a case they can't prove.

It works both ways Roche as with LeVell even if found completely innocent of any crime will still have that smear against them, and to say otherwise is ludicrous,is that fair ?

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 13:20 ----------

Nice answer put unprovable, sorry as to the assault but I doubt at that time you would have been capable ;)

I remember seeing him in there.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 20:09 ----------

Are you saying their guilty?

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 12:39 ----------

How the hell can anyone prove that he raped her fifty years ago?

A complete waste of resources IMO

Im guessing, if they can place the rapist at the scene and at the time the victim says.Obviously won't be any DNA from semen,unless they kept it in a jar.

So which complaints of rape do you think the police should ignore Adam?

Ones that can't be proved.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 20:12 ----------

I remember seeing him in there.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 20:09 ----------

Im guessing, if they can place the rapist at the scene and at the time the victim says.Obviously won't be any DNA from semen,unless they kept it in a jar.

This proves what?

Even with a jar of semen, even with a forty odd year old child with matching DNA, still no proof of rape, so what evidence could possibly prove rape?

Maybe if rape allegations had always been taken seriously rather than dismissed, disbelieved, stigmatized and brought shame on the victim, this woman and others would have felt confident enough to report at the time. Still, some people persist with the default stance that anyone making a complaint is "crying rape" or after money. Then those same people question why survivors find the courage years later to approach the authorities. The irony. Yes, you people are part of the problem, you contribute to rape culture which deters people from reporting sexual crimes against them. Bravo.

All rape allegations should be investigated. Do not underestimate the courage that it takes to report a sexual crime. Nor the frustration and distress caused if the CPS do not prosecute. Nor the distress if they do and your life is laid before the court and your credibility is torn to shreds on the witness stand, so horrific that it caused Frances Andrade to take her own life. Nor the devastation if your rapist walks free.

How do you know they can't be proved unless they're investigated?

You tell me now, what if any credible evidence you can possibly think of that would prove rape from such a long time ago.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 20:23 ----------

Maybe if rape allegations had always been taken seriously rather than dismissed, disbelieved, stigmatized and brought shame on the victim, this woman and others would have felt confident enough to report at the time. Still, some people persist with the default stance that anyone making a complaint is "crying rape" or after money. Then those same people question why survivors find the courage years later to approach the authorities. The irony. Yes, you people are part of the problem, you contribute to rape culture which deters people from reporting sexual crimes against them. Bravo.

All rape allegations should be investigated. Do not underestimate the courage that it takes to report a sexual crime. Nor the frustration and distress caused if the CPS do not prosecute. Nor the distress if they do and your life is laid before the court and your credibility is torn to shreds on the witness stand, so horrific that it caused Frances Andrade to take her own life. Nor the devastation if your rapist walks free.

The rapist walks free?

If he is found not guilty, then surely he cannot be called a rapist.

Typical answer from you though. No mention of the distress etc regarding the accused who has not committed rape but yet he has his life blasted all over every newspaper and tv channel for all to see.

Archived