What would you do

I have a problem that has gone beyond irritating, a relative parked a car on my drive never asked at the time but saying that it wouldn't be there long, I have asked him to shift it numerous times and set deadlines but the car still remains you would not believe how long its been there and Im really fed up, I feel like phoning the local scrap man but think I may run fowl of the law going that way.

So what would you do? any suggestions welcome.

Err legally you're in abit of a spot, you can't clamp or tow it I don't think.

What you can do is apply to the DVLA to have the log book put into your name as the car has been abandoned.

Once you've got the logbook in your name you can get it scrapped.

Err legally you're in abit of a spot, you can't clamp or tow it I don't think.

What you can do is apply to the DVLA to have the log book put into your name as the car has been abandoned.

Once you've got the logbook in your name you can get it scrapped.

Logbook isn't proof of ownership. You'd get charged with theft.

Logbook isn't proof of ownership. You'd get charged with theft.

No a receipt of some kind is needed, but often with used car sales these don't exit anyway or can never be found so it's kinda a grey area.

As the OP says it's a really close relative it's probably not a good idea anyway.

Tell him you've taken a delivery for him that was large, heavy, and needed signing for.

When he comes to collect, tell him he can only have it if he moves his car.

Once the car is moved, own up.

Failing that, play hard ball. I know it's a close relative, but obviously not so close that he didn't decide he could take the ****! Or is there a good reason for him leaving it there? If he in Afghanistan or something?

Archived