What would you do

The car is a VW golf GTI Nreg and No he isn't in Afganistan but lives 5 mins walk away has no drive or any where else to keep the thing and all I get is a yea yea when I talk about it then says its his wife's really and he`ll talk to her about it, but the fact is he put it there and I don't want it there for yet another summer.

It's quite simple, move the car onto the road so that it is blocking your drive then call the police to have in towed.

jb

Unless its untaxed/un-insured/un-Mot'd it wouldn't be breaking the law, unless its blocking a car on the drive in.

The car is a VW golf GTI Nreg and No he isn't in Afganistan but lives 5 mins walk away has no drive or any where else to keep the thing and all I get is a yea yea when I talk about it then says its his wife's really and he`ll talk to her about it, but the fact is he put it there and I don't want it there for yet another summer.

Sounds very much like it's failed the MOT, needs a bunch of work and he doesn't wanna/can't get it done, but at the same time doesn't wanna get shut.

It's an early Mk3, so it's undesirable and old - they ain't worth more than a few hundred quid with tax and test on them.

Sounds very much like it's failed the MOT, needs a bunch of work and he doesn't wanna/can't get it done, but at the same time doesn't wanna get shut.

It's an early Mk3, so it's undesirable and old - they ain't worth more than a few hundred quid with tax and test on them.

Yes I think that is about the size of it, he is reluctant to get shut because I think he had some idea or other but it is incredibly selfish thing to do, bit like having old child hood toys and no room and cant bring his self to get rid, however it is starting to drive a wedge and I know eventually Im going to get my way but if the boot was on the other foot.

I take it that it's not taxed. Therefore if you have the car key simply park it on the road then phone the police. Hopefully the police will have it towed away.

If you want to give him yet one more last chance,put it in writing, warn him of your intention and give him a date by which the car must be gone. If he still doesn't move it then go ahead, DO IT.

I take it that it's not taxed. Therefore if you have the car key simply park it on the road then phone the police. Hopefully the police will have it towed away.

If you want to give him yet one more last chance,put it in writing, warn him of your intention and give him a date by which the car must be gone. If he still doesn't move it then go ahead, DO IT.

Does not need to now,they can tow it off your driveway if it isnt insured or taxed then ring DVLA and they will come and tow it,end of.Then tell the relative that you got home and the car had gone,then play dumb.

Archived