Nasty Party on course for meltdown

Its bizzare how many Tories post political stuff on SF, when of course they are hardly represented/visible in the city.

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 11:50 ----------

Oh, and if UKIP deliver a 'seismic victory' today, they can look forward to the intensive scrutiny other parties receive, or should do..

It's to try and influence public opinion. But it's the same old argument, they had access to good free services in the past but now they no longer have need of them they should be binned so nobody else can have them. When they've lost that one, they start banging on about the crappy GDP and how Labour spend money. They don't like the fact that the tories spent more in 2.5 years than under three terms of Labour. When they've lost that argument, they bang on about the crappy degrees of today but don't mention it was the tories who converted the former polys into universities. etc They are really predictable.

Its bizzare how many Tories post political stuff on SF, when of course they are hardly represented/visible in the city.

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 11:50 ----------

Oh, and if UKIP deliver a 'seismic victory' today, they can look forward to the intensive scrutiny other parties receive, or should do..

I wouldn't say bizarre as they are pretty well represented at the polls.

Example: Penistone & Stocksbridge 2010 General Election Results

Angela Smith / Labour / 17,565 / 37.8%

Spencer Pitfield / Conservative / 14,516 / 31.2%

Ian Cuthbertson / Liberal Democrat / 9,800 / 21.1%

3/4 of the peed off people in this country, just like the last time they were in, but you probably wouldn't remember them dark days.:loopy:

YouGov's latest poll has 59% disapproving of the government, hardly "3/4".

And yes, I remember the "dark days" but I remember the darker days and nights when Labour and the unions were ruining the country before that.

Next time try coming up with some statistics to back up your blinkered views.

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 15:09 ----------

Some stats:

YouGov/Sun 2013-04-25

Conservative 32%

Labour - 40%

Lib Dem - 11%

UKIP - 12%

The current lead Labour has over the Torys is 8 points, which is the same as it had back in March 2012. The real rise has been UKIP, who will probably do well as a protest vote, taking it away from labour.

Latest YouGov / The Sun results 1st May -

CON 33%,

LAB 39%,

LD 10%,

UKIP 13%;

APP -30

Another point lost for Labour. UKIP and Tories up a point.

I wouldn't say bizarre as they are pretty well represented at the polls.

Example: Penistone & Stocksbridge 2010 General Election Results

Angela Smith / Labour / 17,565 / 37.8%

Spencer Pitfield / Conservative / 14,516 / 31.2%

Ian Cuthbertson / Liberal Democrat / 9,800 / 21.1%

That constituency is split between Sheffield and Barnsley. Most of the Tory vote will be in Barnsley, in the two Penistone wards. One of those, Penistone West, has already returned a Labour councillor last year after going Tory. I doubt many Stocksbridge voters vote Tory.

Possibly the first time I've ever agreed with the Sun

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/may/02/sun-refuses-back-party-local-elections

The Sun is not backing any party today, suggesting none of them is worthy of support. I absolutely could not agree more.

The Sun has taken a clear line. The Mail on the other hand has had a schizophrenic approach. It spends the whole time pushing the buttons that will turn its readership to UKIP, then as elections loom tell the readers to vote Tory after all. :hihi:

The Sun claims that none of the parties are worthy of their support???

What twists of logic have led the Sun to believe that after the revelations of phone hacking and behaviour of News International staff, that their opinion is worthy of any consideration anyway?

I think the Sun should support the BNP. They both deserve one another.

EDIT: Oh I forgot - News International probably feel let down that the political establishment all distanced themselves after the public revulsion of the hacking of Milly Dowlers phone. And in a fit of pique the dirty digger and his minions can't bring themselves to support any of the parties.

Funny to see The Sun try to take the moral high ground though!

That constituency is split between Sheffield and Barnsley. Most of the Tory vote will be in Barnsley, in the two Penistone wards. One of those, Penistone West, has already returned a Labour councillor last year after going Tory. I doubt many Stocksbridge voters vote Tory.

Two more examples

Sheffield Hallam

Nick Clegg / Liberal Democrat / 27,324 / 53.4%

Nicola Bates / Conservative / 12,040 / 23.5%

Jack Scott / Labour / 8,228 / 16.1%

Sheffield Heeley

Meg Munn / Labour / 17,409 / 42.6%

Simon Clement-Jones / Liberal Democrat / 11,602 / 28.4%

Anne Crampton / Conservative / 7,081 / 17.3%

When you add up the support across sheffield, that still equates to tens of thousands people peoples support. Then if you take into account the wider area, such as East Midlands with nearly a million tory votes counted in 2010. Thats a heck of a lot of people who could well be here and speak up for them. That is my point, the Torys are not over represented on this forum.

Two more examples

Sheffield Hallam

Nick Clegg / Liberal Democrat / 27,324 / 53.4%

Nicola Bates / Conservative / 12,040 / 23.5%

Jack Scott / Labour / 8,228 / 16.1%

Sheffield Heeley

Meg Munn / Labour / 17,409 / 42.6%

Simon Clement-Jones / Liberal Democrat / 11,602 / 28.4%

Anne Crampton / Conservative / 7,081 / 17.3%

When you add up the support across sheffield, that still equates to tens of thousands people peoples support. Then if you take into account the wider area, such as East Midlands with nearly a million tory votes counted in 2010. Thats a heck of a lot of people who could well be here and speak up for them. That is my point, the Torys are not over represented on this forum.

In terms of % support across all Sheffield constituencies it could be 20%. Way more than one in five posters on political threads on here are Tory. Didn't the Tories shut down their main Sheffield office recently?

Way more than one in five posters on political threads on here are Tory.

People may think I'm a Tory because of my constant (deserved) criticism of the Labour Party.

I look upon Tory voters with the same condescending pity I apply to Labour voters. Did you not grow out of "spot the difference" competitions years ago?

Political atheism is the way forward. Judge the policies, not the colour of the rosette being worn.

Archived