Abolish minimum alcohol pricing in the UK.

The UK has minimum alcohol pricing. UK DUTY (tax) sets the minimum price.

Minimum alcohol pricing is a regressive form of taxation. Not only is it regressive, but it is discriminatory/racist.

It targets only people who drink. It is essentially a tax on non Muslims/Jehovahs/Mormons.

UK minimum alcohol pricing needs to be abolished. Increasingly people are turning to the black market to acquire alcohol, this is a market failure due to high taxation and high minimum pricing.

Alcohol DUTY needs to be abolished.

What do you think>?

I think that alcohol is too cheap and the 'cheap alcohol' deals in supermarkets want stopping. The last thing decent law abiding people want is the poor getting roaring drunk and causing social problems. An example of this is Wetherspoons, where a certain branch of society has sunk into depravity.

Alcoholism is connected to disease in later life, it is only right to make people who put pressure on services to pay higher taxes. This is why cigarettes are taxed so highly and why fatty food should be too.

I think that alcohol is too cheap and the 'cheap alcohol' deals in supermarkets want stopping. The last thing decent law abiding people want is the poor getting roaring drunk and causing social problems. An example of this is Wetherspoons, where a certain branch of society has sunk into depravity.

Ouch!

I love a nice bottle of good quality Italian Pinot or a crisp Australian chardonnay & i like to pay as little as i can for it.

Im law abiding & never go in rarely go in Weatherspoons!

Alcoholism is connected to disease in later life, it is only right to make people who put pressure on services to pay higher taxes. This is why cigarettes are taxed so highly and why fatty food should be too.

So what about businesses and people with cars etc who pump tonnes of noxious fumes into the environment every year causing all kinds of illnesses?

The whole issue is rather pathetic. The government wants to stop people drinking but moans when pubs close etc. And can anyone explain to me why there are a number of subsidised bars in parliament, I mean shouldn't they be leading by example?

If the Government is so concerned, why dont they just ban alcohol and especially fags?

If the Government is so concerned, why dont they just ban alcohol and especially fags?

I think they should intervene less, and allow people to make their own decisions. Also, they should allow people to reap the full rewards or consequences of their own actions or stupidity.

:hihi: At least if they are all herded together in Wetherspoons we know where they are and they have to maintain an element of decorum in Spoons as they are well run establishment. I heard about what used to go down in the likes of The Canon and Hen & Chickens.

Archived