April Jones Trial

I was surprised to see the pictures of inside his cottage on the evening news. Is that what we can expect now then that under British justice before you've been tried you can expect the inside of your house to be on tv?

I was surprised to see the pictures of inside his cottage on the evening news. Is that what we can expect now then that under British justice before you've been tried you can expect the inside of your house to be on tv?

I don't understand that either. Surely the photos are evidence in the trial. The public doesn't need to see them now, if at all. What does it gain putting them on the news.

Can anyone tell me why we need to know about this? Rubberneckin', Ignorant theorizin', goulish finger pointerin'.

Strong minds discuss Ideas. Average minds discuss events. Weak minds discuss people.

What in particular?

As and when the defendant is found guilty of the murder of this child can anyone give me a good reason why morally he should not be put to death?

Now will enter the realm of "mental disorder"

Lots of people say EG: he must have been mad to do that!

And the same people say he should be hung for doing that!

Either way he won't be put to death, because it simply isn't an option.

Had the Birmingham six been dealt with in that way, there most definitely would NOT have been a "peace process" in NI

but that's a different topic.

In this particular case, I think that he will be locked away in a secure institution until there is some absolute proof, because so-far it seems damning, but mostly circumstancial.

Now will enter the realm of "mental disorder"

Lots of people say EG: he must have been mad to do that!

And the same people say he should be hung for doing that!

Either way he won't be put to death, because it simply isn't an option.

Had the Birmingham six been dealt with in that way, there most definitely would NOT have been a "peace process" in NI

but that's a different topic.

In this particular case, I think that he will be locked away in a secure institution until there is some absolute proof, because so-far it seems damning, but mostly circumstancial.

You're right of course.. all the question feeds is the back n forth with the what about using a blo torch against those that uphold the present system..basically a tit for tat discussion..on a murdered childs thread. Not very dignified.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 00:54 ----------

Can anyone tell me why we need to know about this? Rubberneckin', Ignorant theorizin', goulish finger pointerin'.

Strong minds discuss Ideas. Average minds discuss events. Weak minds discuss people.

Only if you tell us why you need to know, first...fair is fair..huh?

You're right of course.. all the question feeds is the back n forth with the what about using a blo torch against those that uphold the present system..basically a tit for tat discussion..on a murdered childs thread. Not very dignified.

I do not apologise for raising the issue of suitable punishment for her killer in a thread about her alledged murderers trial. This isn't an RIP thread, we had one when her life was brutally taken. This is a justice thread. So that out of the way can you answer the question?

It's "As and when the defendant is found guilty of the murder of this child can anyone give me a good reason why morally he should not be put to death?"

Archived