April Jones Trial

As and when the defendant is found guilty of the murder of this child can anyone give me a good reason why morally he should not be put to death?

Because it sets a precedent? Perhaps he should be given the option of choosing death.

I do not apologise for raising the issue of suitable punishment for her killer in a thread about her alledged murderers trial. This isn't an RIP thread, we had one when her life was brutally taken. This is a justice thread. So that out of the way can you answer the question?

It's "As and when the defendant is found guilty of the murder of this child can anyone give me a good reason why morally he should not be put to death?"

It doesn't detract from my point because your question will have nothing to do with morality..and if you were sincere you would admit that. The issue would be how to crow the loudest, not morality, without getting a ban. As was pointed out it's a moot point because we don't have the death penalty. Basically you're asking a question on a thread which isn't about the subject of morality..so you are detracting. If you wish to discuss justice then at least discuss it within the parameters of the existing legal system.

As for your question maybe you could answer it before asking?

I do not apologise for raising the issue of suitable punishment for her killer in a thread about her alledged murderers trial. This isn't an RIP thread, we had one when her life was brutally taken. This is a justice thread. So that out of the way can you answer the question?

It's "As and when the defendant is found guilty of the murder of this child can anyone give me a good reason why morally he should not be put to death?"

He should be put to death. In the past there have been serious miscarriages of justice. No doubt about it. There are also other (Ruth Ellis) who was guilty but should not have been executed.

None the less, as a society we should have the right to execute those who have committed a crime as outrageous as this.

If we re introduced capital punishment we should, at the same time, make a root and branch review of the judicial system.

Technologies are available these days such as lie detector tests that would add significantly to the proof required to convict.

Truth drugs could be administered. I understand the Russians have developed a scopalomine type medication which is effective.

Once the truth is established beyond doubt ( as opposed to a reasonable doubt), execute those who like the moors murderers, the Soham killer and possibly this man. They have given up the right to live.

Because it sets a precedent? Perhaps he should be given the option of choosing death.

He always has the option of choosing death, as we all do.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 15:35 ----------

He should be put to death. In the past there have been serious miscarriages of justice. No doubt about it. There are also other (Ruth Ellis) who was guilty but should not have been executed.

None the less, as a society we should have the right to execute those who have committed a crime as outrageous as this.

If we re introduced capital punishment we should, at the same time, make a root and branch review of the judicial system.

Technologies are available these days such as lie detector tests that would add significantly to the proof required to convict.

Truth drugs could be administered. I understand the Russians have developed a scopalomine type medication which is effective.

Once the truth is established beyond doubt ( as opposed to a reasonable doubt), execute those who like the moors murderers, the Soham killer and possibly this man. They have given up the right to live.

Execute all their friends too:confused:?

Archived