April Jones Trial

If it was punishment we were after then total body paralysis, a drip to keep them alive and a very small space the size of a coffin. Spending the remainder of their life unable to see, ear, smell, feel or move whilst remaining conscious would serve nicely,

You've obviously thought this through MrSmith ;)

He always has the option of choosing death, as we all do.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 15:35 ----------

Execute all their friends too:confused:?

Of course not, where in my post did I assert such a thing?

You've obviously thought this through MrSmith ;)

No, but I did watch a program about a man that wanted to die because he had locked in syndrome , but being an inhumane society we decided he should be forced to endure the torment he was in, it just came to me that it would be a very nasty punishment to inflict on some one.

Regarding any child killer or abuser and their ability to choose to end their life.

Surely they could make that choice before they carried out their action.

Have you seen Minority Report?

Have you seen Minority Report?

No I have not, I have just read the synopsis of the film on Wikipedia. Perhaps my comment was a little vague, what I meant was that if a convicted murderer was given the right to die or face life imprisonment it was unfortunate for the victim that he did not choose to kill himself before he committed the murder.

It is a silly point I apologize for making it.

Reading about the trial of Mark Bridger accused of murdering April it seems hard to determine at this stage what his not guilty plea is based on.

There was a murder trial a couple of years ago where the not guilty plea was based on the premise that the accused found the woman's dead body, then had sex with it thus explaining the DNA, semen etc etc

You wonder how the defence team can keep a straight face coming up with some of the stuff they do.

Probably because we think it’s inhumane and expensive to lock someone up for life and the resources they consume would be better used for someone more deserving.

If it was punishment we were after then total body paralysis, a drip to keep them alive and a very small space the size of a coffin. Spending the remainder of their life unable to see, ear, smell, feel or move whilst remaining conscious would serve nicely, but we don’t want to punish them we just don’t see the point in their continued existence.

The costs of inmates on death row and the endless appeals in those states in the US where they practice capital punishment are also considerable. Capital punishment is an act of retribution in my view and too Old Testament for me. As I said previously, it has no place in a civilised society.

There was a murder trial a couple of years ago where the not guilty plea was based on the premise that the accused found the woman's dead body, then had sex with it thus explaining the DNA, semen etc etc

You wonder how the defence team can keep a straight face coming up with some of the stuff they do.

I wonder how the defense team manage to sleep at night,high wages and low moral standards possibly?

Or maybe extra strength Horlicks? :D

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 19:14 ----------

Probably because we think it’s inhumane and expensive to lock someone up for life and the resources they consume would be better used for someone more deserving.

If it was punishment we were after then total body paralysis, a drip to keep them alive and a very small space the size of a coffin. Spending the remainder of their life unable to see, ear, smell, feel or move whilst remaining conscious would serve nicely, but we don’t want to punish them we just don’t see the point in their continued existence.

Lol...how about a medical science breakthrough?

Something along the lines of the man with 2 brains,just a bunch of brains in a room,unable to do anything but think lol.

Archived