April Jones Trial

The costs of inmates on death row and the endless appeals in those states in the US where they practice capital punishment are also considerable. Capital punishment is an act of retribution in my view and too Old Testament for me. As I said previously, it has no place in a civilised society.

There wouldn't be any appeals if a convicted murderer chose death over life

And a civilised society would give people choice, only in an uncivilised society would you force your morals onto others.

Personally I'de give all criminals the opportunity to donate their organs to someone more worthy of life instead of serving a prison sentence.

There wouldn't be any appeals if a convicted murderer chose death over life

And a civilised society would give people choice, only in an uncivilised society would you force your morals onto others.

Personally I'de give all criminals the opportunity to donate their organs to someone more worthy of life instead of serving a prison sentence.

A bizzare notion that prisoners should officially be given such a choice. They already have that option and lifers do take their own lives. Samaritans have arrangements with prisons whereby suicidal prisoners can phone them.

A bizzare notion that prisoners should officially be given such a choice. They already have that option and lifers do take their own lives. Samaritans have arrangements with prisons whereby suicidal prisoners can phone them.

So if they already take their own lives, they clearly want life to end, the humane thing to do is make it a peaceful and painless as possible, they could even save other lives in the process by donating their organs.

So if they already take their own lives, they clearly want life to end, the humane thing to do is make it a peaceful and painless as possible, they could even save other lives in the process by donating their organs.

Hmm, given that many prisoners have a history of drugs and alcohol abuse, I am not sure how donatable organs would be. It all sounds a bit Never Let Me Go. What next? Experimentation?

Hmm, given that many prisoners have a history of drugs and alcohol abuse, I am not sure how donatable organs would be. It all sounds a bit Never Let Me Go. What next? Experimentation?

I reckon you just hit a few G Spots with that image.

Have you seen Minority Report?

You could make them watch it over and over, real punishment.

Keep him alive, and get various shrinks to find out why they did what they did so there is a greater chance of getting these evil sods in the system.

That’s a bit of a generalisation but I’m sure doctors would only use viable organs.,

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 06:51 ----------

Personally, I would rather be on dialysis than have Ian Brady's or Fred West's kidney.

You could always make it clear that you don't want to be saved by organ donation and let people that do want their lives saving have the organs, bear in mind that just because an organ donor was never caught and found guilty of an offence doesn’t mean they wasn’t a paedophile or child murderer. You simply don’t know what nasty things an organ donor as done in their life and personally it wouldn't affect my decisions about being saved by them. At least they will have done some good in the end.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 06:54 ----------

Call me fussy, but I wouldn't want the organs of a sadistic psycho serial child rapist and murderer, although it is anonymous I think that organ recipients get told a brief bio of their donors.

If the sadistic psycho serial child rapist and murderer was never caught you would never know, best to be on the safe side I guess and refuse all organ donations.

Archived