Its worth asking if you can't meet payment date for holiday!

looked for loads of info on this topic and found none

ive booked a holiday.. date due for pmt 050513... was reliant on overtime pmt to pay the balance of 718.00 but employer made error and didnt pay... long story short no funds to pay balance.. spoke to holiday company jet2.com holidays and they immediately extended my payment date to next payday.. no extra charges!, no penalties!, was amazed... i really thought would have to cancel and lose deposit, but jet2 couldnt have been more helpful.. not wholly linked to sheffield.. but is totally linked to the fact not all of us have big bucks in the bank and sometimes need some help!!

apologies mediator if in wrong section

x

That's very nice. But surely I can't be the only person who thought you wanted to move your holiday because you didn't want it to be at the same time as the bad mood before your period!:hihi:

I've changed the title so it no longer suggests the OP might be worried about pmt on holiday.

Well done to the OP for letting people know the holiday company was helpful.

bless you.. get your support worker to read it again...slowly now.. lol x

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 16:31 ----------

as per prev post.. use your care worker to help you out.. lol xxx

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 16:32 ----------

folks..pmt means PAYMENT.. not PRE MENSTRUAL TENSION...AAAAHHHH !!!! X

looked for loads of info on this topic and found none

ive booked a holiday.. date due for pmt 050513... was reliant on overtime pmt to pay the balance of 718.00 but employer made error and didnt pay... long story short no funds to pay balance.. spoke to holiday company jet2.com holidays and they immediately extended my payment date to next payday.. no extra charges!, no penalties!, was amazed... i really thought would have to cancel and lose deposit, but jet2 couldnt have been more helpful.. not wholly linked to sheffield.. but is totally linked to the fact not all of us have big bucks in the bank and sometimes need some help!!

apologies mediator if in wrong section

x

Glad you've got this sorted out, but if as you say the employer has not paid you correctly, you DON'T have to wait till next payday. They are legally supposed to pay you now, any pay that does not add up correctly (shortfall).

You don't have to wait you could have demanded it now, and the employer would have had to pay it to you x

I've changed the title so it no longer suggests the OP might be worried about pmt on holiday. Well done to the OP for letting people know the holiday company was helpful.

I get it now,i thought the others where on drugs or i was totally thick.

We've had similar experiences with Thomson as we always book our holidays in the shop on Pinstone Street so they know us quite well. We're in there pretty much every month to pay a chunk off the next holiday and if the final balance falls a few days before payday, we just mention it might be a bit late and they're perfectly happy to wait. When we booked our wedding with them they automatically gave us an extra month so we didn't have to pay the balance until 8 weeks before we went instead of the usual 12.

They actually have a list of balances that are due each week and when we're in the shop they sit there ringing customers reminding them that their payments are due…..and it's a BIG list!

Archived