Make sure you log out of eBay when you've finished.

A strange thing has just happened; my partner has been looking in her emails and there was a message from eBay telling her something that she was watching was ending soon, so she bought it by clicking a prompt on the email; unbeknownst to her(and me) I had not logged out of eBay from my last visit there and so the commitment to buy was done on my account.

How the hell can that happen? yes I'd not logged out but the email from eBay was to my partner telling HER that something SHE was watching on HER account was nearly ending. How did it switch to my account?

A strange thing has just happened; my partner has been looking in her emails and there was a message from eBay telling her something that she was watching was ending soon, so she bought it by clicking a prompt on the email; unbeknownst to her(and me) I had not logged out of eBay from my last visit there and so the commitment to buy was done on my account.

How the hell can that happen? yes I'd not logged out but the email from eBay was to my partner telling HER that something SHE was watching on HER account was nearly ending. How did it switch to my account?

because it took you to that item on ebay and logged in as yourself(its only a coincidence that someone else was watching it)

if you click on this link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phase-One-H-5-Digital-Back-Hasselblad-V-fitting-/251267834503?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item3a80bae287

you should appear on your ebay logged in already(unless you tick out)

the bold bit,

did you ever go to ebay? or was ebay window closed?

I can see your point if you could buy someting from hotmail without ever getting to the two step confirm screens on ebay itself!

Even when I am logged in,I still get password prompts on any money decision I make.

I don't get how this pay prompt works,is it just a one click bid?if so,thats not very secure sat in someones inbox.And I would be take a look at the eBay settings if it is .

Archived