Toothpaste is left handed

Why?

The tubes have the lettering on the wrong way. It's ok for left handed users, who squeeze the tube with the right hand, whilst holding the toothbrush in the left, but for right handed people, who I think are in the majority, squeezing the tube with the right hand means the writing faces away from the squeezer.

it makes a nice change to have something for left handed people :D

Erm ... I'm sinister, so show a lot of interest in all things cack-handed ... this one doesn't seem to work quite as the OP suggests.

I've just tested it using the first tube that came to hand ... in this case, a tube of Windsor and Newton 'crimson alizarin' oil paint (chosen at random from many other colours). Initial tests seem to suggest that the writing's upside down whichever hand you hold it in! (They did more than suggest it ... they proved it).

Curiosity getting the better of me, I went upstairs to try it out on a tube of Aquafresh (fresh and minty). Imagine my surprise and horror when I discovered the O/P is correct!

At first, common sense told me that maybe what's in the tube affected the way in which we perceive the writing ... not so.

The answer is that the writing on the oil-paint tube goes across, whilst the toothpaste writing goes up and down ... a simple mistake by the manufacturers, but with hideous undertones!

I suggest that all toothpaste writing should henceforth be sideways to avoid conflict between sinister and dexter. Same with the stripes too while I'm on the case ... they should be designed to come out of the tube sideways for the same reasons!

I now feel very strongly about this ... can you imagine the horror if your computer keyboard had sideways buttons!? :gag:

Meanwhile ... back to my painting ...

Why?

The tubes have the lettering on the wrong way. It's ok for left handed users, who squeeze the tube with the right hand, whilst holding the toothbrush in the left, but for right handed people, who I think are in the majority, squeezing the tube with the right hand means the writing faces away from the squeezer.

I'm right handed. I squeeze the tube with my right hand and then transfer the brush from left hand to right before brushing.

Maybe it's a subconscious move to ensure I get to read the writing and therefore don't brush with preparation H, or worse.

Erm ... I'm sinister, so show a lot of interest in all things cack-handed ... this one doesn't seem to work quite as the OP suggests.

I've just tested it using the first tube that came to hand ... in this case, a tube of Windsor and Newton 'crimson alizarin' oil paint (chosen at random from many other colours). Initial tests seem to suggest that the writing's upside down whichever hand you hold it in! (They did more than suggest it ... they proved it).

Yabbut how did it taste?

Squeeze and read all at once, great multi tasking right there. I think you should create an internet campaign of protest using tools such as facebook.

A great cause indeed, there is nothing else of greater importance.

You should be squeezing the tube with your right hand, and have your toothbrush in your left hand, if you are right handed. You then swap the brush to your right hand to brush your teeth.

Your right hand has more strength and dexterity for the squeezing of toothpaste, and therefore is more ideally suited.

Archived