Toothpaste is left handed

My toothpaste tube is one of those with a 'button' on the top. Which I squeeze with my left hand despite being left handed. Without going upstairs to check I don't know which way around the lettering is and have not yet mixed up the toothpaste with the tubes of hair dye.

Maybe the Hillsborough Tree Penguins are trying to cause confusion amongst humans and take over while we're all busy standing on our heads to read toothpaste tubes.

Oh, and they're also remotely operating the police helicopter.

Why?

The tubes have the lettering on the wrong way. It's ok for left handed users, who squeeze the tube with the right hand, whilst holding the toothbrush in the left, but for right handed people, who I think are in the majority, squeezing the tube with the right hand means the writing faces away from the squeezer.

Tesco's is the opposite way round from Sainsbury's; but which one do you categrise as left-handed?

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 19:39 ----------

I suspect some sinister motive.

You need a kick in the widdershins.

Tube on shelf, nozzle facing right, writing the wrong way round.

Tube on shelf, nozzle facing left, writing now readable, but you have to pick it up with the right hand, swap to the left, turn it to nozzle facing right, then squeeze.

But does a left-handed person:

a. squeeze the tube with left hand whilst holding the brush in right hand; or

b. squeeze the tube with right hand whilst holding the brush in left hand?

i've never thought about how i do it, i will let you know after tonight!

Why?

The tubes have the lettering on the wrong way. It's ok for left handed users, who squeeze the tube with the right hand, whilst holding the toothbrush in the left, but for right handed people, who I think are in the majority, squeezing the tube with the right hand means the writing faces away from the squeezer.

I think you've got yout lefts and rights mixed up here.

I hold the brush in my right hand and squeeze with the LEFT

Yes of course, I was all in a lather!

I had not thought, by the way, that your partner may be brushing teeth at the same time, so both being right-handed, if you squeezed for each other, the recipient would be able to read the tube.

Archived