Toothpaste is left handed

I tested the theory last night, as a left hander I hold the toothbrush with my left hand and the toothpaste in my right hand.. hope this sets your minds at rest :-)

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 09:27 ----------

Yes of course, I was all in a lather!

I had not thought, by the way, that your partner may be brushing teeth at the same time, so both being right-handed, if you squeezed for each other, the recipient would be able to read the tube.

could get messy! :hihi::hihi:

I think you've got yout lefts and rights mixed up here.

I hold the brush in my right hand and squeeze with the LEFT

I tested the theory last night, as a left hander I hold the toothbrush with my left hand and the toothpaste in my right hand.. hope this sets your minds at rest

Let's define terms.

LEFT HAND TUBE

starting from left is:

cap- writing this way up- bottom of tube (flat seal)

RIGHT HAND TUBE

starting from left is:

bottom of tube (flat seal)- writing this way up- cap

Sainsbury's 'basic' toothpaste is in an LHT.

Tesco's 'basic' toothpaste is in an RHT.

I'm right-handed, mostly. So I hold toothbrush in RH, apply toothpaste by squeezing tube with LH, then brush teeth by RH-held toothbrush.

Does that help?

This is such a pointless question you don't need to read it whilst squeezing it! Couldn't you say the same about a pen or a pencil that has writing on it if you are left handed then when you are writing the name or whatever it says reads upside down..

I'm right handed. I squeeze the tube with my right hand...

I'm left handed but I like to squeeze my toothpaste with my right hand because it feels like someone else is doing it.

I had to stop using aqua fresh (i'm left-handed) because the blue stripe was right of the red stripe. I couldn't cope with the confusion. I now use plain old white colgate, but it's just not as good.

I had to stop using aqua fresh (i'm left-handed) because the blue stripe was right of the red stripe. I couldn't cope with the confusion. I now use plain old white colgate, but it's just not as good.

To be honest, I'm ambidextrous ... you can imagine the trauma of toothpaste squeezing for me!

Sometimes the red stripes on the top, other times it's hiding at the bottom ... some days I'm just too scared to squeeze ... all that guessing which way round the stripes are going to come out causes considerable stress.

At least, with the old foil tubes, you could unfold the bottom, mix it all up with a biro (Bic), re-seal, and enjoy the pleasure of browny-purple toothpaste. :(

To be honest, I'm ambidextrous ... you can imagine the trauma of toothpaste squeezing for me!

Sometimes the red stripes on the top, other times it's hiding at the bottom ... some days I'm just too scared to squeeze ... all that guessing which way round the stripes are going to come out causes considerable stress.

At least, with the old foil tubes, you could unfold the bottom, mix it all up with a biro (Bic), re-seal, and enjoy the pleasure of browny-purple toothpaste. :(

Haha... Maybe we both have Autism....My dad got fed up with my obsession and willow batted them out. I can still taste the linseed oil in my gums.

Archived