10 Years Prison Sentence For £50m?

No mention of course of the fact that his selfish greed has probably cost lives. How like you that you choose to ignore this and at the same time say you wish you'd thought of it. Do you, I wonder sell fake products and services to the elderly and vulnerable as a nice little earner on the side?

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 22:28 ----------

You think gaining millions on false pretences is a good thing?

You're such a sweetheart Adam, such a doll.

Buyer beware buyer beware! Blame the buyer not the sellers, if they are stupid enough to buy some thing that is total trash then who's at fault ???????

Buyer beware buyer beware! Blame the buyer not the sellers, if they are stupid enough to buy some thing that is total trash then who's at fault ???????

When you buy tires for your car, do you test them yourself or trust the manufacturers claims about them?

When you buy tires for your car, do you test them yourself or trust the manufacturers claims about them?

Silly question...he carries with him a chemical analysis kit.

Or just nicks his tyres. :hihi:

The seller. If you sell a trash item disguised as fit for purpose then the seller is no less trash than the item they are selling. I'm guessing because of your cynical ill repute that this concept comes as a little alien.

Don't criminals have their ill gotten gains seized if they are convicted of a crime?

In theory they do. In practice, criminals are not stupid and can be quite skilful when it comes to hiding assets from the authorities.

I think, under the Proceeds of Crime Act, the authorities get something like 7% back of what they go for. They also have a special offer, where the criminal can pay up, or, do extra time.

For me, I don't think it's right; fining people for crime. For a poor person, that may totally wipe out their savings; while a rich person may not even notice the loss (they have that much). Instead, we should make it a level playing-field and punish the poor and rich equally; either by time in prison, or by amputation of limbs.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 16:40 ----------

Also, it's likely that the people buying these devices, knew they were fake; but bought them because they were getting some kind of 'cash-back' deal...

Archived