10 Years Prison Sentence For £50m?

It proves that crime in the form of fraud pays well. Just ask the bankers! The more you steal the more you will get away with it. Do jnot forget money buys justice!!!!!

People who are not very skilled at crime, end up in prison. People who are skilled at crime, are running the country (and have the masses convinced they're the best thing since sliced bread - just ask any royalist).

• 8 months later...
Many of the agencies that were buying were complicit in the fraud.

Happy to buy at inflated prices in return for kick-backs.

The poor operatives knew that they didn't work either, but sometimes went along with the pretence hoping that the public believed that they worked (a bit like the TV Detector Vans).

The Government took his money and used diplomats and serving soldiers to promote his product to market.

The government accepted more than £5,000 in payments from the fraudster to supply uniformed Royal Engineers to promote the bogus kit at international trade fairs in the Middle East and Europe, and to secure the backing of Giles Paxman, the brother of the BBC presenter Jeremy Paxman and then UK ambassador to Mexico, who set up sales meetings for Bolton's firm with senior Mexican officials engaged in the country's bloody drugs war.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/26/fraudster-paid-government-promote-fake-bomb-detectors

British fraudster James McCormick has been jailed for 10 years for selling fake bomb detectors.

He was believed to have made £50m in sales. They doubt they will recover any of the money.

He will only serve half of his sentence in Prison and the other on License.

Would you take a 10 year conviction for fraud for £50m?

I think i would!!

:hihi:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22380368

NO, not a chance!

I'd rather be at home with my family. Money isn't everything.

Archived