Afghan interpreters lives on the line..

So, in or out?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. So, in or out?

• Don't give a hoot, let them die.
    • They should stay and chance it.
    • Without a doubt, they've earned the right.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that it'll be a high priority for the 30,000,000 people to ensure that the people who helped out our British Forces are kept safe.

In helping us did they not also help the majority of Afghans.

These are the kind of people that Afghanistan needs.

In helping us did they not also help the majority of Afghans.

These are the kind of people that Afghanistan needs.

That'll be neither here or there when the Taliban get their hands on them.

That'll be neither here or there when the Taliban get their hands on them.

Many more people will inevitably die in Afghanistan before they turn the country round, but if the people don’t stand up to the Taliban then everything that as been achieved will be reversed.

In 2001, girls were denied an education under the Taliban regime and only 900,000 children were enrolled in school throughout Afghanistan. Today, at least 7 million children are attending classes and 2.5-million are estimated to be girls, according to Amnesty International. In the cities, you see women in the workforce again, doctors, politicians and even business owners.

This as to be something worth fighting and dying for and every man that runs away gives the Taliban a greater chance of reversing it.

Many more people will inevitably die in Afghanistan before they turn the country round, but if the people don’t stand up to the Taliban then everything that as been achieved will be reversed.

In 2001, girls were denied an education under the Taliban regime and only 900,000 children were enrolled in school throughout Afghanistan. Today, at least 7 million children are attending classes and 2.5-million are estimated to be girls, according to Amnesty International. In the cities, you see women in the workforce again, doctors, politicians and even business owners.

This as to be something worth fighting and dying for and every man that runs away gives the Taliban a greater chance of reversing it.

The people in question are not fighters, they are translators; they'll be be round up, tortured and killed. Did you ever see the the fall of Saigon, do you think it went well for the Vietnamese that worked closely with the Americans?

The people in question are not fighters, they are translators; they'll be be round up, tortured and killed. Did you ever see the the fall of Saigon, do you think it went well for the Vietnamese that worked closely with the Americans?

I'm sure many people that didn't think they were fighters fought in the world wars to protect their people and families, but Afghanistan doesn’t just need fighters its needs people like these interpreters, people that are prepared to put their lives on the line for the betterment of their country. It’s in the interest of the Afghan people to afford them some protection.

It's not a good sign when we go into other countries and have communication problems due to a lack of interpreters because our reputation as a country is leaving those prepared to put their life on the line in the ****.

I believe David Cameron has the right idea on this. If at all possible the brave men and women who assisted our servicemen should be encouraged to stay in Afghanistan to help in the re building of their society. I would even suggest that they should receive a generous pension for the services they have provided.

However, if they find themselves displaced or needing asylum they should be offered it here.

And yes, they can come and live next door to me.

It's not a good sign when we go into other countries and have communication problems due to a lack of interpreters because our reputation as a country is leaving those prepared to put their life on the line in the ****.

Indeed. Even if someone doesn't care about the Afghans concerned, it can be seen as an investment in helping our armed forces next time they get sent to invade somewhere.

I'm sure many people that didn't think they were fighters fought in the world wars to protect their people and families, but Afghanistan doesn’t just need fighters its needs people like these interpreters, people that are prepared to put their lives on the line for the betterment of their country. It’s in the interest of the Afghan people to afford them some protection.

You really aren't getting it. You think that - the Talibs won't see it that way.

You really aren't getting it. You think that - the Talibs won't see it that way.

I’m not interested in what the Taliban think and running away from isn’t the answer, the people of Afghanistan need to stand up to them.

Archived