Bank cheque paying in points

went to pay a cheque in today and was reminded that i can always pay it in by filling a self paying in slip to avoid waiting just drop it into the paying in box

i still cant bring myself to use these , although you fill a stub in with time and date etc, you have no proof theyve actually received it and entered it into your account

in my case it would mean going to a customer to ask them to write another cheque out

does anyone like this idea ? i still like someone to stamp the paying in book to prove theyve took the item off you :huh:

and dosent this bring a wave of people that could say to the bank they have paid in money when they hadnt

just trying it on?

went to pay a cheque in today and was reminded that i can always pay it in by filling a self paying in slip to avoid waiting just drop it into the paying in box

i still cant bring myself to use these , although you fill a stub in with time and date etc, you have no proof theyve actually received it and entered it into your account

in my case it would mean going to a customer to ask them to write another cheque out

does anyone like this idea ? i still like someone to stamp the paying in book to prove theyve took the item off you :huh:

and dosent this bring a wave of people that could say to the bank they have paid in money when they hadnt

just trying it on?

The latest HSBC paying in machines scan the cheques and can print a receipt that contains miniature printouts of the scans so you have a record. Don't know about other banks - or even all HSBCs (the one half way up Fargate has them).

The latest HSBC paying in machines scan the cheques and can print a receipt that contains miniature printouts of the scans so you have a record. Don't know about other banks - or even all HSBCs (the one half way up Fargate has them).

That's the only way you can pay in cheques with a Santander business account. They've lost the odd one in the past (not many) but they always find it......eventually.

Archived