Stuart Hall arrested/charged/prosecuted

Does sound like just the one charge that wont be proceeded with. Obviously as he has pleaded guilty now there'll be no need for a full trial, just sentencing which takes place in June.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

It is the most serious charge, which he did not plead guilty to, he denies the rape allegation.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 08:29 ----------

Its probably this that Jim is referring to.

"In light of the guilty pleas already entered, the complainant no longer wishes to give evidence on the allegation of rape, and we have concluded that it would not be in the public interest to take steps to make her give evidence in court. As such, we will not be proceeding with this charge.”

I have not read that but now after reading it I find it disturbing someone can make such an allegation then withdraw from giving evidence.

Its probably this that Jim is referring to.

"In light of the guilty pleas already entered, the complainant no longer wishes to give evidence on the allegation of rape, and we have concluded that it would not be in the public interest to take steps to make her give evidence in court. As such, we will not be proceeding with this charge.”

As a victim (a long time ago maybe but still) of this hideous type of crime i cant begin to understand why the alleged victim has taken this course of action.

Perhaps she has reached an out of court settlement with Mr Hall.

As a victim (a long time ago maybe but still) of this hideous type of crime i cant begin to understand why the alleged victim has taken this course of action.

Maybe it is to avoid the trauma of giving evidence if Mr. Hall has pleaded not guilty.

We do not know if it was violent or statutary rape.

He will be punished for his behaviour from his guilty pleas.

Probably a balancing act.

More probably because Hall denies the charge so she would have had to give evidence at trial where you can imagine she would be severely tested by his defence given the length of time that has elapsed in between and lack of forensic evidence to support her claims.

Hall will be punished for the (serious) offences he's admitted and obviously the alleged rape victim is prepared to forego her action because of that.

As a man, who has never been a victim of any sort of assault whatsoever, I can understand why the alleged victim might have taken, or been advised to take, this course of action.

Funny that. :suspect:

As a man, who has never been a victim of any sort of assault whatsoever, I can understand why the alleged victim might have taken, or been advised to take, this course of action.

I totally understand too. She probably feels that justice has been served and in such light does not want the ordeal and media circus of a trial.

• 1 month later...

A i dont find it funny and B, you dont know what your talking about.

Until youve been there and suffered it you cant make an informed opinion.

Simple

Hall jailed for 15 months. Hall's barrister in mitigation claimed that Hall is a frightened and bewildered 83-year-old man answering for the touching - no more, no less - of all of 13... victims over a quarter of a century ago.

Is 15 months a fair sentence?

Yes and no.

Yes in the respect that there was no physical proof, just words and then an admission which is fair enough. Hes admitted hes guilty.

No (for Hall) in the respect that this happened.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/artist-ovenden-gets-suspended-sentence-child-sex-crimes-175108449.html#bEXWhqc

Personally, both should have gone down.

Hall got about the right sentence, Ovenden should have got at least the same.

Archived