UKIP are on to give the major parties a good kicking.

It is concerning that UKIP are on the rise with their bigoted policys.

As a true supporter of a far leaning left party I do support democracy, and for this reason I think UKIP should be banned.

If you support democracy then UKIP should not have a voice and should not be allowed to continue

It sounds like you don't support democracy at all.

The way to defeat people you disagree with politically is to expose their views for what they really are and argue against them - not ban them.

If you've notices in the last few days folks that UKIP have been complaining of unfair pressure being placed on them by the media - that they are being scutinised.

They'd better get used to it because now they hold more seats in local government they and their spokespeople will listened to carefully.

And their expressed views which read like hysterical Daily Mail rants will not give them any credibility.

It is concerning that UKIP are on the rise with their bigoted policys.

As a true supporter of a far leaning left party I do support democracy, for this reason I think UKIP should be banned.

and

If you support democracy then UKIP should not have a voice and should not be allowed to continue

What scares you about UKIP then. ?

Both Labour and the Tories have both promised us a referendum on Europe ,and both back peddled and refused to give us one. The reason they have done this is because both Labour and The Tories know full well what the result of a referendum would be ,and thats why they wont keep their promise of a referendum.

Are you scared of UKIP because they WILL give us a referendum . ?

Who cares? UKIP are closer to the Tories than Labour, so a vote lost to UKIP isn't half as bad as one lost to Labour!

Exactly, UKIP and the Conservatives are not going to disagree on much within a council, so the Tories needn't worry too much about losing councillors to UKIP.

Both Labour and the Tories have both promised us a referendum on Europe ,and both back peddled and refused to give us one. The reason they have done this is because both Labour and The Tories know full well what the result of a referendum would be ,and thats why they wont keep their promise of a referendum.

I'm not sure that is 100% true. Labour promised a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, but then signed up for it without the promised referendum. The Tories had promised a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty if the were in government before it was signed. But Labour had already signed our rights away so that was that.

The Tories have promised a referendum on EU membership should they be in power after the next election. Labour haven't promised that, and as UKIP aren't going to be in power unless they win some parliamentary seats and form a coalition (probably with the Tories); if you want out of the EU the Tories would seem to be the only show in town.

UKIP are not a new party.

Personally I'd also take issue with there being any "common sense" in voting UKIP at county council level but it appears many have.

Might also be worth looking at how many seats the Greens win, although they tend to be ignored by the media, unlike UKIP.

I would take issue with voting for UKIP on any level - any party who's leader trumpets the fact he expects a third of BNP voters to "defect" and vote for them is not a party you want within a very long distance of any sort of power.

I would take issue with voting for UKIP on any level - any party who's leader trumpets the fact he expects a third of BNP voters to "defect" and vote for them is not a party you want within a very long distance of any sort of power.

Do you not think that certain people (used to) alternate their vote between the BNP and Labour?

Exactly, UKIP and the Conservatives are not going to disagree on much within a council, so the Tories needn't worry too much about losing councillors to UKIP.

You are joking right?

The Tories want as many councillors, MPs, MEPs as possible. It's a massive part of what a political party aims for. If they don't have the seats they can't push their own agenda. you can't be saying it's OK because UKIP will just be Tories any way can you? If so then what is the point of UKIP?

Do you not think that certain people (used to) alternate their vote between the BNP and Labour?

Some people definitely did switch their vote from Labour to BNP and back again. In the past I met someone who couldn't decide between voting NF and Labour, and a Jewish woman who voted Lib-Dem and thought Hitler had some good ideas. A lot of people are confused.

The policies of Labour and the Lib-Dems are much further from the BNP than Ukip's policies are. UKIP are predominantly a right-wing protest vote party in the same way the BNP are although not a far right party. The Telegraph has shown the result of a poll as to why people vote UKIP;

Why are voters surging to Ukip? Immigration, Europe and dissent, says YouGov.

"The pollsters asked Ukip voters to tick the reasons why they back the eurosceptic party. They said:

Want immigration reduced (76pc)

Want Britain to leave the EU (59pc)

Unhappy with the major parties (47pc)

Unhappy with David Cameron and his Government (25pc)

Ukip reflects my personal values and beliefs (20pc)

Positive impression of Nigel Farage (15pc)

"Sends a message" (14pc)

Unhappy over gay marriage (12pc)

New party deserves a chance (9pc)

Ukip would run the country well (8pc)"

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/local-elections/10034878/Local-election-2013-results-as-it-happened..html

So only 8% of UKIP voters think UKIP would run the country well and only 20% think UKIP reflects their personal values and beliefs.

Archived