UKIP are on to give the major parties a good kicking.

Because the average voter does not understand Europe.

They don't understand democracy, thats why may voted UKIP.

So you cannot answer simple questions, do not understand the concept of democracy, it's everyone else's fault and your command of the English language is lacking.

Tell me again why anyone should listen to you?

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 21:22 ----------

Some people definitely did switch their vote from Labour to BNP and back again. In the past I met someone who couldn't decide between voting NF and Labour, and a Jewish woman who voted Lib-Dem and thought Hitler had some good ideas. A lot of people are confused.

The policies of Labour and the Lib-Dems are much further from the BNP than Ukip's policies are. UKIP are predominantly a right-wing protest vote party in the same way the BNP are although not a far right party. The Telegraph has shown the result of a poll as to why people vote UKIP;

Why are voters surging to Ukip? Immigration, Europe and dissent, says YouGov.

"The pollsters asked Ukip voters to tick the reasons why they back the eurosceptic party. They said:

Want immigration reduced (76pc)

Want Britain to leave the EU (59pc)

Unhappy with the major parties (47pc)

Unhappy with David Cameron and his Government (25pc)

Ukip reflects my personal values and beliefs (20pc)

Positive impression of Nigel Farage (15pc)

"Sends a message" (14pc)

Unhappy over gay marriage (12pc)

New party deserves a chance (9pc)

Ukip would run the country well (8pc)"

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/local-elections/10034878/Local-election-2013-results-as-it-happened..html

So only 8% of UKIP voters think UKIP would run the country well and only 20% think UKIP reflects their personal values and beliefs.

More importantly and the reason why the Labour fanclub is not singing from the rooftop's at present, only 25% was unhappy with David Cameron and the Government.

The vote for UKIP is primarily about our membership of the EU and immigration, and no amount of calling anyone with an opinion on immigration a racist is going to sweep this subject under the carpet. The issue HAS to be dealt with by the mainstream parties as otherwise it will be used by those with more extreme ideas.

It's certainly sent a message to the other parties, but I think the majority of sensible voters realise the UKIP policies are 'Daily Mail policies' and will demand a more measured set of policies when it comes to the crunch.

Do you not think that certain people (used to) alternate their vote between the BNP and Labour?

There's a difference between a few people swapping votes between two disparate parties and a mass exodus from one distasteful, xenophobic bunch to another distasteful, xenophobic bunch albeit with a better tailor.

It's certainly sent a message to the other parties, but I think the majority of sensible voters realise the UKIP policies are 'Daily Mail policies' and will demand a more measured set of policies when it comes to the crunch.

I'm sure come a General Election someone will ask from where the £160 billion of extra spending UKIPs promises will be funded, and failing a satisfactory answer I'm not sure there is much danger of the picking up commons seats.

So the question is... For folk like me who want a vote on pulling out of the EU, who do I vote for?

Your previous posts suggest otherwise, I think you're best suited to the Monster Raving Loony Party

MRLP are fully in support of democracy. They make it fun and prove to others that anybody can stand.

What scares you about UKIP then. ?

Both Labour and the Tories have both promised us a referendum on Europe ,and both back peddled and refused to give us one. The reason they have done this is because both Labour and The Tories know full well what the result of a referendum would be ,and thats why they wont keep their promise of a referendum.

Are you scared of UKIP because they WILL give us a referendum . ?

As this article makes clear there is a lot to fear from UKIP:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/02/ukip-party-bigots-lets-look-evidence

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 23:54 ----------

The trouble with "common sense" is that "common" = "populist" and "sense" is often missing its "non" prefix.

Especially with the likes of UKIP

Excellent point Squiggs and very well made.

Archived